Stealing my life back (11th anniversary task)

Magician related/specific quests.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

So I did this task last night with some guildies, and I have to say the rewards are pretty good. Everyone to choose from several pieces of roughly T4/5 armor, including a EM4 earring, as well as faction, xp, or even a group leadership point. My understanding was the xp wasn't stellar as it got some of my 85 comrades with over 2000 AA about 1.8 AA. Also an aug drops from the final chest. The one we got had stats something like:

+100 HP
+100 Mana
+5 Spell Damage
+5 Clairvoyance
+15 vs corruption

There were other stats on it as well, but I don't remember the particulars. Maybe some AC and saves.

Task took us about 2 hours, only 1 death (me) when one of the named had a 20K AE. Mobs are almost all clockworks of some type, so you can use ATA line spells here. Pulling is a bit of a hassle and it helps to have someone who can split, though most of the trash is easy enough that a decent group should be able to handle 2 at once.

Task goes like this (this is from memory, so some "talk to guy" parts may be missed"
- Talk to gnome by where you zone in to the instance
- Kill trash mobs and collect 10 somethingorothers and 10 somethingelses (names not important, all clockwork trash in zone drops one or the other)
- Turn the collected items in to gnome by entrance
- Kill 3 named (spawn in different places throughout the zone, but only after you're to that point in the task). 2nd one is the one with the nasty AE I think, or it may be version 2 (see below).
- Note: Sometime around here is when the task locks and you can no longer add people. We were able to add someone while still doing the first 3 named, but after killing Version 1 we were not able to.
- Turn in the CPUs from those named to the gnome.
- Kill the different versions (version 1, version 2, version 3, and version 4)
- Talk to Karl
- Kill Karl
- Karl is not a clockwork, and when you talk to him he spawns 4 clockwork adds. I was told they can be split away from him with a FD, but our puller seemed to have issues with this and brought them all. If you just take down Karl the task updates, though the clockworks will keep attacking. We just beat Karl down and then evaced, though the evac for the zone is not where you originally came in.
- Talk to gnome at entrance
- Open chest and win

Suggestion for the task: Clear out all of the trash in the zone before you do to the turn ins of the 10 and 10 whosawhatsits at the beginning of the task. This saves you from having to worry about trash adds while fighting the various named. I made a little maps with the areas you need to clear out "highlighted" in white below. I had to add a small section in the lower left (which is not to scale or really very accurate, but it gives the idea of what's there) which is the zone in as well as where the gnome you have to talk to/turn things in to is. I'm honestly fuzzy on if the far upper right area has to be cleared out or not, but when in doubt, clear it. The upper left is where you evac to, so if you plan on evacing you may want to clear it as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nako
Conjurer

Re: Stealing my life back (11th anniversary task)

Post by nako »

I boxed this with mage/bard + 2 cleric mercs, mainly to get EM4 earring for alt necro *dodges thrown tomatoes*. The xp is truely terrible (think LDoN), but the trash is weak, mostly construct, and the named aren't horribly hard either, I'd put them between T5 and T6 in difficulty. Took about 2.5 hours (I'd done it with a full group earlier so had an idea what to expect).

The trick with Karl is to hail him and fade/fd. You can hail from any distance, but you can't see the trigger phrase unless you're close enough to see his reply. I believe the phrase is "answer" but can't remember off the top of my head. He will not agro (or be agro'able) until you say this phrase too. I had bard DA and run up to hail, then fade off and DA again to say the answer (yay for 12 song slots). He was then splittable using mez etc. When I ran up to do the intial hail I got all sorts of weird stuff on extended target window, including punisher bots and sentry bots, none of which were in the immediate vicinity, so assuming all the trash left in zone will agro?

Side note: If you pick the 1 LAA Point reward, it will only finish off the LAA you're working on. I was 98% into my 3rd banked LAA, and was 0% into my 4th after selecting it. I took the same reward on first task also and got ~80% of 1. Chest loot was a 35ac/100hp/other stuff aug on first task, and 20ac/100mana/2hINT/4spd/4clair/15svcorrupt aug on second task.

Also, the task locks up about halfway through, when you kill the 3rd mini.. umm Mecha Tron i think. After that you still have to kill the 4 "versions" and Karl.

-nako/saryrn
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

I see that it's repeatable, so I assume that you can choose a different reward each time? The EM IV ear and Salik's clickie (12 mana/tick) item look like $$ to me.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Did this today with my Fellowship. Karl spawned with all 4 exterminators present. Monk pulled him solo and we be beat him down till he cried.
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

I've done this a few times now. A few notes:

My group makeup is far from ideal. We have an undergeared lvl 83 Berserker (my bot), an undergeared lvl 83 Ranger, Me, Shaman (ranger's bot) and 2 merc healers. Used coth pulls with ranger to get singles in the larger areas where mobs are bunched up. Our DPS blows since the ranger and zerker had to use ranged attacks (crappy AC). Air pet tanked everything on the first run with little problems (EM III). For the named with the 35k single target nuke, I DA'd pet and sent him in. Not sure if mob attempted to nuke him or not because the first run took way too long and I was too tired to check the logs. But just wanted to let you guys know even a group-geared Mage pet can tank everything fine.

For the second run, my ranger friend decided to reactivate his T5 bard account (with some SoF raid gear). This was money. Did the mission much faster with Bard tanking all trash and pet tanking all named. He took the place of a merc healer, so shaman and other merc healer took care of heals with no problems. Probably do a couple more next weekend to farm the augs and we still need a few pieces of the armor rewards. It's a bit tedious, but still a fun missoin. We clear the entire zone each time, so as to avoid any unwanted adds. Oh, and the XP is the suck as Merlaina pointed out. I think I get around ~2 AAs per run on Vard (100% going to AA).
Bastler
Conjurer

Stealing my life back, Map notes

Post by Bastler »

P 1413.0662, -662.0985, -84.6043, 127, 0, 0, 3, Karl_Kranigan_+_4_Exterminators
P 1357.6619, -439.3510, -81.0345, 127, 0, 0, 3, Version_3+2_dwarves+beetlebots
P 1305.0057, -355.9116, -86.8320, 127, 0, 0, 3, Dwarf_Ambush_(see_invis)
P 869.9460, -529.3860, -92.0051, 127, 0, 0, 3, Fangbot
P 1638.5194, -337.0351, -84.1726, 127, 0, 0, 3, Angry_Helibot/Version_4
P 175.1459, -167.2232, -106.2577, 127, 0, 0, 3, Mecha_Tron/Version_2
P 75.8279, 30.3588, -69.6191, 0, 127, 0, 3, Gilamin
P 997.3048, -652.3324, -90.7730, 127, 0, 0, 3, Version_1
The dwarf ambush is not a real ambush, the 2 dwarves just stand at the sides of the door and are hard to see.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

think i have over 350 days played...its going to take awhile...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Just to post it in the thread about the quest, Zatpus pointed out elsewhere that this task supports 12 people, though only 6 may be in the instance. That means lots of task adds for guildies!