level cap on stun effects?

Magician related/specific quests.
IblisTheMage

level cap on stun effects?

Post by IblisTheMage »

Hi, is there a level 75 cap on the stun proc from the epic?

Thanks....
Bastler
Conjurer

Re: level cap on stun effects?

Post by Bastler »

If I remember correctly it was stated on the old site that the stun proc from the epic 2.0 buff will not land on mobs lvl 80/81+. Which is rather sad, as some effects from other epics are still use full. Shm epic for example.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Personally, i'm glad not to be tied to my epic forever. Just ask a Necro if they wish they could get a new weapon to replace theirs and see what the response is.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

We had a discussion related to this subject yesterday on the serverwide mage channel. According to Lucy, the stun cap for the epic proc is 75, so the stun will not land on any mob level 76 or higher.

The question I asked on the serverwide channel was whether or not level 85 mages still bothered to use the epic click on their pets. Some said yes, some no. I'll break down the pros/cons of keeping Primal Fusion (epic click) on your pet:

Pros:
(1) 1000 HP Buff & Heal
(2) Defensive 4 second Stun Proc that only lands on mobs level 75 or lower
(3) Offensive 200 point DD Proc -50 resist adjust
(4) Increase pet's Mana 12 per tic and pet's hitpoints 24 per tic

Cons:

(1) If Primal Fusion Strike (200 point DD with 400 proc rate mod) procs, Iceflame will not proc that round, so Prism Skin doesn't happen. Simply put, keeping the epic click on your pet decreases the number of times Prism Skin will be activated.

I would conclude that if you are primarily fighting mobs that are level 76 or higher, you are better off not using the epic click, since the extra Prism Skin procs will more than make up for the loss of the 1000HP buff. If you are fighting mobs that are mostly level 75 or lower, the epic stun proc probably makes it worthwhile to keep the epic click on your pet.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Is the epic stun the same as the innate stun from air pets? I group with 3 mages (and 3 air pets), and even in Korafax it seems we get alot of stuns landing, might go 6-8 seconds some times with no damage from the mob. Does the innate stun have the same level limits as the epic?
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Innate stun on the Air pet is upped for level cap each time we get a live raise. We were really picky on this point, so that's been protected.

I still use the Epic proc on my pets. Iceflame is nice, but unless you're soloing, the difference is pretty minimal. You'll not lose as many procs as you'd think, but, yes, you could lose some. If you're in a zone with less than lvl 75 mobs, then,yes, you have to use epic. It's just that awesome. Both Magician epics have been the best tool for low-level farming at their level, and that's still true.

Now, during SoF, the parry-proc system broke. This is what caused some of the "Pets tank better than Knights!" discussions. The parry-procs weren't checking level. Actually, they weren't checking anything and always landing. Not sure on stun-immune mobs, however.

Magician Air-pet groups are still absolutely murder in any content that isn't high-MR on the mobs. Add a bard or healer and you'll be rocking for hours with a lot of DPS and little healing.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Wow, I didn't realize that the mage epic 2.0 sucked so much..... sure it's nice, but most other classes got a LOT better clickies.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

/threadnecro on..

Another Pro for using 2.0 clicky is that the proc is -50 chromatic. If you start seeing resist messages you can pretty much forget about landing *anything*, it's a good yardstick for throwing in the towel and just casting RS's.

The problem with 2.0's is that the ones that weren't all that hot to begin with (mag/bst/wiz/etc) just keep getting weaker... while the ones that were already powerful (shm/brd/sk/clr/etc) just keep getting better. Similar to what happened with 1.0's, but this time around I don't think we'll see a new iteration of epics.

-nako/saryrn
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

Being that the epic is one of few items with a type 4 and type 8 aug I switched back to epic 2.5 to maximize the use of sympatheic augs. 2 on primary, 1 on secondary, 1 on range. Mind you my old primary was pretty ancient (SoF raids) so it wasn't a huge hit, but Im in no rush to upgrade it anytime soon. I do solo xp almost exclusively in <75 lvl zones and like the DD proc on raids so pretty ok with it atm.