Elentarri
Elementalist

Re: Safe Passage Guide - Kithicor Theme

Post by Elentarri »

i did this the other day so yes it still works
Wyntyr

Post by Wyntyr »

Unless they fixed it in the 8/12 patch, the pet method works, I did it 3x last week.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Question - so I tried this solo...after the initial 4 invaders are dead I went and hailed the guy - got to the point where he says "just say -go-" and backed off and sent pet in. I ran around the zone wall with him following all the way to the zone line where it bumped me when I tried to zone. I never got any updates nor was I able to say scout to him. What am I doing wrong?
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

You have to Hail him before you can say scout. Also I am pretty sure who ever hails him needs to be clear of his agro if you happen to have gotten any.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

UPDATE: 2009-11-16

I have successfully completed this a few times now. First and foremost - at the beginning hail the scout before you say ready OR the first 4 agents that you must kill will have the regen bug. Second to get the update that the "survivors" made it through the commonlands you need to go through the main gate to the compound of light in common lands. The first time I went right along the wall and never got the update. Also it is not required that you clear aggro on the Colonel to move on. Once the Colonel is in the camp in commonlands I use /pet sit and then inch closer to him spamming hail until he responds then I say scout to him.

Warning: You must hail him before you say scout or you will be ported to kith but never get to the section where you scout the road ahead.

Once you have the 3 scout ahead updates - use perfected invis and send pet on him from a distance. All the light guys will assist him however, they will all get aggro on you and FD so except for the enchanter pet you got no issues there. Just have the pet kill the enchanter pet when convenient. Finally with perfected invis on you will get no adds unless you stupidly wander through a obliteration or light camp. Just avoid all humanoids while you walk him through to the light side of the map. Once you get the update hail the colonel and say whatever it is he wants you to say and you get ported back to normal kith and in front of the guy who gave you the quest. Hail him to complete.
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

Anyone have an exact /loc to put the Col. at the light camp in kith? I've had a lot of trouble getting the update necessary for the step before his hail.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

When you get to the camp drag him right through the main gate entrance, don't go around the sides. What I did was drag him around the edge of the zone until that last hill before the camp I would go out and get on the road and go into the camp from the road - had zero bugs doing it that way.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

nylrem wrote:Anyone have an exact /loc to put the Col. at the light camp in kith? I've had a lot of trouble getting the update necessary for the step before his hail.
It's in front of that last hill that is the camp boundary at the far end.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Did this last night with some friends using a hybrid of the pet method and the "correct" method. For the old commonlands part used the pet method (worked great, easy peasy) and then in Kith we did it properly since I didn't know where to take the guy. Worked well and all in all took around 40 minutes, including time to let the dog out and try to find where to take the guy in Kith.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Merlaina wrote:Did this last night with some friends using a hybrid of the pet method and the "correct" method. For the old commonlands part used the pet method (worked great, easy peasy) and then in Kith we did it properly since I didn't know where to take the guy. Worked well and all in all took around 40 minutes, including time to let the dog out and try to find where to take the guy in Kith.
Guess you were feeling lucky, then! You take the guy just past the 3-way camp in center of the zone. Back when SoD came out, my ex-GF and I had one hell of a time trying to do this the "intended" way. We were bug free to the Kith theme ONE time out of five. When we got to Kith, the first spawn loc was a double spawn, no big deal, we could handle it...until 3 of the mobs bugged out and decided to have hp's that were infinite. Oh, well, glad to hear of your success because we were in very bitter moods for a week trying to do this event the "intended" way and finally just looked up the shortcut.