Safe Passage Guide - Kithicor Theme

Magician related/specific quests.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Safe Passage Guide - Kithicor Theme

Post by Piemastaj »

Not necessarily. Mages can clear aggro with Companion of Necessity, so it is the same thing.

And yeah, aggro does not smurf with the task at all.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

This can definitely be done the correct way. I did it with a group of 5 back in December.

Took us about 4 attempts and hours of work, but it eventually did work. Nothing was more satisfying than beating this thing.

Of course, if I had to go back and do it again...
Danille

Post by Danille »

Did this with another mage and a necro yesterday. Didn't kill a single mob.
Wyntyr

Post by Wyntyr »

Think an 85 shammy with pet hold could do it?
zinophate

Post by zinophate »

Thank you all for the advise. I was able to complete this, though the first attempt did lead to a failed mission (aggro = bug).

Wyntyr, you should definately be able to do this; just sow your pet and follow the wall southwest out of tunnel to Kithicor zone in. As others have stated, Colonel Thalan runs extremely slow; so you will have to stop and wait for him multiple times. Once you reach the Kithicor ZI; run around camp just outside of tunnel until you get the task update. Then "pet guard here" and stay out of aggro range while he beats on pet. Approach slowely spamming hotkey set to "/say scout".

Once in Kithicor, use same tactic and pull Colonel along north wall. Shortly after void ZI we got our task update and where able to put pet on "guard here" and approach him spamming "/say ready".
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Always cleared all of the Obliteration mobs before hailing the refugees to start their march across Kith.
Only takes a few minutes to kill them all.
Never had a bugged mission that way.
Maybe I am just lucky

Suediwenae...
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Wyntyr wrote:Think an 85 shammy with pet hold could do it?
Any pet class could do it, your pet needs to survive the initial attack though, that's really the only requirement. So throw a HoT on your pet, send it in to attack, and pull it off right away, and the colonel shouldn't be able to dish out enough dps even with a stun to kill your pet.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

Grats Zino :)
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

eh lol i did this task 20= times before i got a complete sucess doing it the pet hol way but once i finally got omg all the ppl asking me to do it for me lol very easy task only takes me 20 mins give or take to get it done
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Can this still be done yet? I haven't tried it now for a while, but I heard from a few sources in guild that said that the safe passage was fixed now so even the pet method no longer works (guy just FDs if agroed with pet)