Next Expansion Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Next Expansion Spells

Post by Tweelis »

Another off the wall idea, how about add something that gives the garg pet a short term proc? I'm not sure if the coding would allow for this but here's my thinking.

We can already do targetted summons. Can we do a targetted summon weapon for the garg? Put the spell on say a 30 minute timer, give it a 0.1 sec cast time and have the garg autoequip the weapons. Give the weapons a proc rate of 1/tick, damage per proc would need to be adjusted so they would be worth casting but not overpowering. Assuming robe and max duration garg pet the swords would proc 3 times per weapon or a total of 6 times. If not a targetted summon spell like swords then how about just an innate proc like our other pets?
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Let me revise my idea of the adding damage to garg pet. I didn't mean to change the way it worked now per say, but its already coded in a way that might be transferable to a 25% proc rate off spears or something since it does a DD anyhow.

Tweelis i like the idea, but pulling outa my weave to target an RS pet for the what would seem like very low dps increase would be unwise. I parsed with and w/o weapons once and the increase was pretty small. Maybe if you could target a small Virulent Talon on them? just seems a bit outa the weave timings in general. keep the ideas flowing tho..
Last edited by Summerfrost on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

This would probably belong in the AA thread but if not weapoins for the gargoyle then how about an insta-cast AA that hits our next gargoyle pet with bolster?
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... spell=7042
1: Increase Spell Damage by 50%
2: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
3: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
4: Increase AC by 300
5: Increase Attack Speed by 50%
6: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 50%
7: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 20%
8: Increase Poison Resist by 100
9: Increase Magic Resist by 100

Right now we have MGB that makes the next group buff spell we cast hit everybody in a certain area. It's insta-cast and works on the next spell. Why not have an AA like this work the same way? Either make it just the gargoyle or scale it down and make it hit every pet in a small area?
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

Just unlink our 'of many line'. Or at least make the level 98 one not linked with the 93 one.

Keep it simple.

So, at 100, would likely go 100 RS, 98 of many, 100 spear, 93 of many, 95 spear...
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

We have any clue what Auspice of Shadow will be and if it will be new? It is on bst/mage spell vendors as rec lvl 96 but has the lvl needed 255 tag. No description
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Something simple and very appealing to me. AA garg. One Click, out comes super-flappy.

5-10 minute reuse timer, approx 7-10k dps ( garg& 1/2 - garg x 2 dmg range ) 30 second duration

Even just a standard gargoyle would make me happy.

Oh... this is a spells thread :O

Ummm... same thing

Bigger badder flappy,more mana ( dont care if its efficient ) longer reuse timer.
Last edited by Cielli on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Already asked for Cie.

As to the spell, Aristo doesn't like to talk to the players, so no clue. However it doesn't seem like it will be awesome, but time will tell.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Cool.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

Not many people are sure on the NDA, but until we know for sure I am removing the content of this post.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Piestro made a post reminding everyone about beta and NDA today.

"Please hold off on any Beta threads until beta forums are open. Please do not discuss Beta information outside of the Beta".

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index ... post-59453