pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: pets

Post by Malleria »

How exactly are you parsing pet stats from their lucy spell entries?
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Nelith wrote:I hope you're right, but the data is there on Lucy, and there has already been parsing done of the beta pet. Unfocused 81 and 86 pets have the same HP, ac, atk etc.
The first thing they do is take our existing spells, copy them into new levels, then add some stuff to them. But in the case of pets, that doesn't work. Every single pet needs to be programmed manually for every single working focus level. This step takes time, and often isn't done until later in Beta. So I believe it is quite possible that the 81 and 86 are in fact exactly the same, because it is a COPY of the old spell that hasn't been tuned yet.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Nelith wrote: The numbers are in Lucy. You can look for yourself. That isn't covered by the NDA. My source has no reason to "mess with me." I came here to inspire those mages who are in beta (I am not) to verify and if they can verify it, to raise flags with the devs to have it changed, not to get into a debate about it with them on a public forum, numbnuts.
Wow, name calling. More troll behavior. Nice.

First, I don't care about the spell data because that's not what got you here (you were talking about pets), so my post about disseminating beta info was regarding pets only. So, from Lucy, you can't see what pets are like. To know anything about pet data you'd actually have to be in beta to do the testing. You aren't, thus have no real data then come screaming in here saying, "zomg we're getting nerfed!" Look at what Zac said and knock it off already.

From out here there's nothing anyone can do and if anyone is concerned that the mage community is not doing it's job in beta, which is never true, then you can join beta. People in beta do good jobs so just relax and let beta people do their thing. Also, you can rest easier because Koz isn't around to do his thing. True, Tuli is still around, but he's all alone now.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Nelith wrote: The stupid thing is to think that they WILL change if we don't provide adequate feedback.

I came here to encourage mages in beta to voice their opinions (NOT HERE, but IN THE BETA TO DEVS) about these changes to the mage dynamic. I didn't come here for asshats to call me a troll.

If I didn't like the way the mage class worked so well already, I wouldn't even bother to post.

It will almost be worth it to hear the cries of "why did they nerf our pets!!11??1/?!//" in October....
More name calling, are you sure you aren't on the wrong forums? Really, troll behavior is for the eqlive boards.

The only STUPID thing is to think you know what's going on in beta when you aren't in beta.

More about pets being nerfed...you have data to back that up? A name we can refer to? Anywhere a dev said on live or FF that said pets were getting nerfed?

If you REALLY want to encourage mages...sign up for beta and do it again since you did it in the past.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

Vor did I do something personally to you? Seriously mate you're coming after me like I'm just here to stir up drama.

Honestly, I think a mod can delete all my posts and replies to them. You guys apparently aren't worried about it, and are okay with relying on beta mages to give adequate feedback. That's really all you needed to say to begin with. I told you where I got my info, which is from a class correspondent who is in the beta and who I know and trust and who has no reason to give me false information, intentionally or otherwise. I realize you guys don't know me from Adam, but what reason would I have to come here and even mention this stuff.

I do apologize for the name-calling, but you do have to admit you've been a bit hostile with me.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

Voragath wrote: The only STUPID thing is to think you know what's going on in beta when you aren't in beta.
I mean I guess you could use this same broken logic about anything right? "The only way you can know about X is if you are directly involved in X," which is suggesting that only first-hand knowledge is valid.

Because of his experience and depth of involvement with the dev and beta community in past and present betas, I have utmost faith in the credibility of my source. You can choose otherwise, but honestly in that case -- why even post in response? What axe are you grinding?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Nothing to worry about, Nelith. I'm not mad at you nor do your posts need to be deleted. If you feel as though I've been hostile, I apologize and I hope you feel reassured when I say that in no way did I intend to sound that way.

The point is, no one needs to worry and pets are being closely monitored by the beta community, as always. I can't really say more than that though.

Tuning goes on until the last day as many of us know so what's true one day can be totally false the next so I don't mind people being diligent and cautious outside of beta about what may or may not be going on in beta.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

Ok, good. That sets my mind at ease. I couldn't have imagined a change to pet/personal dps ratio that significant going unnoticed, but I just wanted to voice it here in hopes that if there were beta mages who had not yet parsed it or noticed it, that it might inspire them to do so and either confirm or refute what my source told me.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Nelith wrote:Ok, good. That sets my mind at ease. I couldn't have imagined a change to pet/personal dps ratio that significant going unnoticed, but I just wanted to voice it here in hopes that if there were beta mages who had not yet parsed it or noticed it, that it might inspire them to do so and either confirm or refute what my source told me.
The problem is that even if a beta mage read all of this and did some parsing of their own, you'd never know it because the NDA doesn't allow them to post any information regarding beta here. I also think that in the past the mods on this forum would axe any information posted that supposedly came from beta, which maybe should have been done here, but since it was second hand it might have been rumor-ish enough for it to be left alone.

Also regarding the beta NDA, does anyone know if beta players are even allowed to say they're in beta?
EQ Mage Tower

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

Merlaina,

You are correct, if I find any information posted directly from Beta, I will be deleting the information and giving a warning to whomever posted it. Nelith is walking a fine line, but thus far has only posted opinions and information that can be accessed by going to Lucy.

As far as Beta and the NDA, I will neither confirm nor deny being in Beta myself, but in the PAST, you were NOT allowed to state you were in Beta without breaking the NDA.