pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: pets

Post by Voragath »

Tacoma2586 wrote:lol wow vor but they wont be doin big boost to pets but since theirs new lvls they have to stil make the new lvl pet spells. but in end will see when HoT goes live.
A big boost? We've known that. They told us that back when SoD came out that we wouldn't be seeing such huge boosts as we did in SoF so I wouldn't expect it again because our pets aren't as far behind as they were pre-SoF. Or they could give a bigger bump to base pets and lower the bump the focii give; OR, conversely, give a small gain to base pet and much larger boosts to the focused pets. So, really, pet power is kinda relative based on the focii now since they are so easy to get. But that's not what this guy claims: he's claiming our pets will see zero improvement, as in 100% stagnated. That's why he's a troll; he's here making false claims to rile people up. Look at Lucy's DB, and tell me that you really think they haven't heard ONE word we've been saying in the past two years.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

I promise I'm not trolling.

I'm concerned because I have recently switched to Mage as my primary class, and find the prospect of a "level only" upgrade to pets in HoT to be concerning.

I got this info from my GL who is in the beta, and who is on a first-name basis with the devs due to his role in class correspondence for another class. I don't feel comfortable revealing more because I don't want to out this person as having broken NDA.

If the info he has is dated or inaccurate, I apologize.

They could easily upgrade pet levels without upgrading DPS. The "nuke analogy" falls flat because levels affect how many hits land and for how much damage. This is the same for nukes as for melee dmg (although to varying degrees). Upgrading pet levels would allow them to land hits easier on higher level mobs, but not bigger hits.

Does it make sense what I'm getting at here?

You guys can shoot the messenger, or challenge the message, but I would ask that you investigate it personally in the beta or with devs first before you jump all over me thinking I'm trolling.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Nelith wrote:I promise I'm not trolling.

I'm concerned because I have recently switched to Mage as my primary class, and find the prospect of a "level only" upgrade to pets in HoT to be concerning.

I got this info from my GL who is in the beta, and who is on a first-name basis with the devs due to his role in class correspondence for another class. I don't feel comfortable revealing more because I don't want to out this person as having broken NDA.

If the info he has is dated or inaccurate, I apologize.

They could easily upgrade pet levels without upgrading DPS. The "nuke analogy" falls flat because levels affect how many hits land and for how much damage. This is the same for nukes as for melee dmg (although to varying degrees). Upgrading pet levels would allow them to land hits easier on higher level mobs, but not bigger hits.

Does it make sense what I'm getting at here?

You guys can shoot the messenger, or challenge the message, but I would ask that you investigate it personally in the beta or with devs first before you jump all over me thinking I'm trolling.
Not sure I can really comment because I have been in past betas, and hope to get in this one, but, let me say this, at this point, I feel you beginning your worrying way to early. The beta game is a work in progress.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

I hope you're right, but the data is there on Lucy, and there has already been parsing done of the beta pet. Unfocused 81 and 86 pets have the same HP, ac, atk etc.

They are focusing more on personal dps in HoT than pet dps. Our bolt is in the 9k range.

You can check it out for yourselves.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Nelith wrote:I hope you're right, but the data is there on Lucy, and there has already been parsing done of the beta pet. Unfocused 81 and 86 pets have the same HP, ac, atk etc.

They are focusing more on personal dps in HoT than pet dps. Our bolt is in the 9k range.

First of all, you'd be disseminating beta info which is filed under the NDA so a CL would lose a lot if they passed that on. Let's put it this way, you can come to beta and talk. You know, and I know, anyone in beta can't shoot you down if you are lying because of the NDA; ergo, you are trolling.

If you do happen to be telling the truth, don't listen to that person. They are just messing with you. Put your trust in the beta testers and try to get into beta yourself. There are plenty of great players in beta so don't freak out and quit passing on info because it's almost guaranteed to be wrong.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Nelith wrote:I hope you're right, but the data is there on Lucy, and there has already been parsing done of the beta pet. Unfocused 81 and 86 pets have the same HP, ac, atk etc.

And, if there were a way to check out last years Lucy data, at this point in the beta, I bet you could find a very similar situation.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

dorfillya wrote:

And, if there were a way to check out last years Lucy data, at this point in the beta, I bet you could find a very similar situation.
You can check the history of all changes to any spell on Lucy. The trick is trying to figure out some of the fields and what they mean...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Why are we talking about personal dps? Of course we might see some personal dps increase because we, as a community, asked for it. That doesn't preclude they are giving us what we want with our pets. We have all kinds of new stuff up on lucy.

Remember, at this point, speculation can only be gleaned from HoT. The only people who have any knowledge of HoT are in beta and under the NDA. Unless you are in beta, I'd not listen to what "information" anyone claiming to be in beta is giving you, period.

Lucy spells are just data mines and we all know how much things can change during beta; just look at the spell history of some spells and you'll find out.

If you hear something about beta or are given "information" and are concerned about it, the only thing to do is sign up for beta and hope to get in to find out for yourself. Speculation and "the sky is falling!" statements do nothing but cause trouble. There is plenty of time for beta as it runs all the way up through release date. The sooner you sign up, the greater your chance of being selected for beta. There's a contest on the live eq boards right now for a chance to guarantee your spot.

Nelith, put your money where your mouth is and win the contest and participate in the beta.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

Voragath wrote:

First of all, you'd be disseminating beta info which is filed under the NDA so a CL would lose a lot if they passed that on. Let's put it this way, you can come to beta and talk. You know, and I know, anyone in beta can't shoot you down if you are lying because of the NDA; ergo, you are trolling.

If you do happen to be telling the truth, don't listen to that person. They are just messing with you. Put your trust in the beta testers and try to get into beta yourself. There are plenty of great players in beta so don't freak out and quit passing on info because it's almost guaranteed to be wrong.

The numbers are in Lucy. You can look for yourself. That isn't covered by the NDA. My source has no reason to "mess with me." I came here to inspire those mages who are in beta (I am not) to verify and if they can verify it, to raise flags with the devs to have it changed, not to get into a debate about it with them on a public forum, numbnuts.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

And yes, I realize that things can change during beta. I have been in past betas and have experienced it first-hand.

The stupid thing is to think that they WILL change if we don't provide adequate feedback.

I came here to encourage mages in beta to voice their opinions (NOT HERE, but IN THE BETA TO DEVS) about these changes to the mage dynamic. I didn't come here for asshats to call me a troll.

If I didn't like the way the mage class worked so well already, I wouldn't even bother to post.

It will almost be worth it to hear the cries of "why did they nerf our pets!!11??1/?!//" in October....