to gear or not to gear

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
seescottrun
Trial Member

to gear or not to gear

Post by seescottrun »

hey guys, and gals. it seems no matter what i look for on the web i can never find the exact answer im looking for. hours of information dancing circles around what i want to know. makes me wonder whats wrong with me. that i dont ask the same questions everyone else does.
Anyways, to the point. okie dokie. im lv 82 and using lv 81 air pet. have enhanced minion 5 on my earring. im gettting ready to to make a new pet beacuase i dint read the posts that said server was comong down and left my pet out when it went down so poof need new pet lol. this is what i want to know. my pet comes equiped with gear when summoned and a moded back slot item. if i give him gear like elegant plate breast plate will he equip it. or does it just poof when he takes it? i mean if i hand him items better then the summoned gear he comes auto equiped with will he equip it. im going to try buying items that have + damge sheild pts on it and see if if his ds out put goes up maybe that will answer my q for me. mages name is cohoshi just dinged lv 82 im on e-marr if anyone wants to say hi, or make fun of me for not knowing what im doing :D
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: to gear or not to gear

Post by svenalo »

There used to be a thread on this but it seems gone. What I recall is it was based on the AC or something...maybe someone else remembers.

That said, most of us don't bother doing any of that - we summon the pet focused so it has gear, then we summon a bag of weapons and arm it, and then some will try and get a mask out of the caldron and give it that. Me, I summon the pet and arm it and just get on to business - there is such a marginal difference if any at all by trying to give it other stuff that it isn't worth the trouble.
Arterian
Magician

Post by Arterian »

Our pets only need weapons after summoning, assuming you have a pet focus, which you do. Just a note as well, pets are unable to equip no drop items, they will automatically poof.

The cauldron mask is actually not better than the stand alone mask summoning spell for mages. Our pets are already at the haste cap due to 85% from Burnout. Our pets come summoned with the best mask they can wear already.
seescottrun
Trial Member

Post by seescottrun »

ok so i tried it both ways 86 air pet em8 summoned with only what he comes with and summoned wepons solo a deadly viper in ferrot 2 he died i gated. next bazz geared worst item was terror infused arms. killed the viper had to pop alot of aas and chain heal. not great for solo grinding xp but with a merc i could do it. id probably need to do it 100 times each way to factor out randomness a little but from the 2 encounters the difference was major. the reason i asked is because i almost never get to grp. mostly my fault. Every little edge i can get is a must, and wow this pet is underwhelming. love ya guys keep up the good work and thanks