The Parse!~

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Enocha
Magician

Re: The Parse!~

Post by Enocha »

I'm pretty pleased with the Fip parse I had tonight. Bard in group, no chanter. No glyphs, no 7th.

Fippy Darkpaw the Immortal on 6/21/2010 in 60sec

Total
--- DMG: 14874052 (100%) @ 247901 dps (247901 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 787735 @13351dps

Redius + pets
--- DMG: 854018 (5.74%) @ 15815 dps (14234 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 30958 @30958dps
Very impressive, I can not match it in any case. Based on a 60 second duration I assume last 20% of mob, all AAs up, and standard weave per Wired's post. Also assume all bard effects for that 60 seconds. If you deviated from Wired's standard weave I would also be curious.
JerusEQ
Magician

Post by JerusEQ »

Elentarri wrote:Falore, Ahrek may i ask what you are doing to get so high dps? i on average do about 8-9k sometimes 10k but am wondering if i am missing something?
Before I made the change to mage I was given Wire's post and live by it. I've even taken it a few steps further. I have 2 spell keys (both options used) one using RS and the other subbing in Thaumatize for RS so more of a sustained burn. I also use a hotkey setup that removed RS and Jolt so I have more of a trash weave, Fickle and Bolt.

Now what I do is after hearing a friend talk about boxing his mage this way (i gave him all the weave stuff). He decided spamming the button was too hard and if he just left the mage there and just pressed an autofire key it would do the whole weave for him and he didn't have to pay attention. For me it's similar, I use a set of autofire keys for all my weaves, I toggle for the 2 burn ones, and I just have to hold it for the trash one. Doing this allows me to focus on the AAs/clickies I use between casts. This makes it much easier on myself.

So what I'll do on a burn though is this:
RS, Foceful rejuv, RS, Burn Key(Fire core, First spire, Acute arcanum, Arcane Whispers, Servant of Ro), Twincast, Force of Elements, Jolt of many, Frigid clicky, Bolt, Molten orb clicky, Fickle, RS and then it just starts rotating my weave and clicking clickies.

To note I ALWAYS use a prebuffed pet on burns, ALWAYS. Even if I die on a raid i summon and get one up and going then click the burn keys and suspend it then pop a fire pet and keep going on the trash part, then unsuspend for burn. It just saves me time even on short burns, but mainly it extends the time pet is burning so on longer fights I can do just that little bit better. Also my weave is RS, Jolt, Bolt, Fickle, on brath sub in AtA for Fickle.

I use glyphs/7th a good amount, for glyph I use it before twincast goes off in the list above. For 7th though I find that we can max on crit chance or smurf close if you get bard epic/fierce eye/auspice/first spire, so I have an audio trigger for when Fierce Eye falls, and when it does I hit 7th. I think this maximizes my crit chance the best.

So that's basically how I do it. I got a nice parse yesterday I was very happy about, usually I screw up my ideal burn but this time I got pretty close to perfect.

/GU Burynai Destroyer in 201s, 41520k @206568dps > Ahrek + pets 3050k @15480dps (7.34%)

That used 7th and glyph of the cataclysm and had a bard and enc... also if you get a bard make sure they use aura of the poet, many will go with rodcet as it's mana regen, but don't because Aura of the poet gives swarm pets 25% haste =)
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Enocha wrote:
I'm pretty pleased with the Fip parse I had tonight. Bard in group, no chanter. No glyphs, no 7th.

Fippy Darkpaw the Immortal on 6/21/2010 in 60sec

Total
--- DMG: 14874052 (100%) @ 247901 dps (247901 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 787735 @13351dps

Redius + pets
--- DMG: 854018 (5.74%) @ 15815 dps (14234 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 30958 @30958dps
Very impressive, I can not match it in any case. Based on a 60 second duration I assume last 20% of mob, all AAs up, and standard weave per Wired's post. Also assume all bard effects for that 60 seconds. If you deviated from Wired's standard weave I would also be curious.
You are correct in all your assessments.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

JerusEQ wrote: Burn Key(Fire core, First spire, Acute arcanum, Arcane Whispers, Servant of Ro)
Hey Jerus, would you mind sharing the macro that launches all the AA's in your burn key?
I have all the spell keys on a multi-bind, but click the AA's individually and end up forgetting to click one of them a lot of the time.

Thx in advance,

Sued...
JerusEQ
Magician

Post by JerusEQ »

Page1Button7Name=BURN
Page1Button7Color=14
Page1Button7Line1=/alt activate 636 (Arcane Whisper)
Page1Button7Line2=/alt activate 621 (Fire Core)
Page1Button7Line3=/alt activate 1668 (Acute Focus of Arcanum)
Page1Button7Line4=/alt activate 1370 (First Spire)
Page1Button7Line5=/alt activate 174(Servant of Ro)
Servant of Ro has to be last since it's the only one with cast time. I usually spam it till it casts before i move on, i haven't gotten perfect timing yet, I'm contemplating removing servant from it and just doing that manually though cause it seems to delay me a little.

I stole this from Falore though, so give him credit, it's a great key, Arcane Whisper is great idea cause it's instant cast and well.. we really don't have agro problems so silent casting is a waste of time due to long cast time.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

JerusEQ wrote:
Page1Button7Name=BURN
Page1Button7Color=14
Page1Button7Line1=/alt activate 636 (Arcane Whisper)
Page1Button7Line2=/alt activate 621 (Fire Core)
Page1Button7Line3=/alt activate 1668 (Acute Focus of Arcanum)
Page1Button7Line4=/alt activate 1370 (First Spire)
Page1Button7Line5=/alt activate 174(Servant of Ro)
Many thanks JerusEQ

Sued...
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

I'd make one slight alteration to your hotkey; instead of servant of Ro, put in silent casting (it has a cast time as well, so should go last).

I also have Glyph of Destruction/courage as the first click on hotkey instead of arcane whisper.

Probably doesn't make too much of a difference, but I leave that up for you personal decision.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

JerusEQ wrote: we really don't have agro problems so silent casting is a waste of time due to long cast time.
That's a nice key setup. Why not Silent casting was my only question and you answered it.
JerusEQ
Magician

Post by JerusEQ »

Redius wrote:I'd make one slight alteration to your hotkey; instead of servant of Ro, put in silent casting (it has a cast time as well, so should go last).

I also have Glyph of Destruction/courage as the first click on hotkey instead of arcane whisper.

Probably doesn't make too much of a difference, but I leave that up for you personal decision.
Thing is Silent Casting is 2.5 sec cast time. Which for me is too much, the global recast is 1.5s if i am remembering right, so using silent casting would waste 1s, which yeah doesn't seem like much but to maximize everything it's something. I've pulled agro once and thats cause I started my weave as the mob was still inc so I could have RS pet on it the second it hit the corner (on fippy) so Silent casting just doesn't seem worth it. I've actually made the change and took Servant out of there as it delayed me sometimes.

Adding Glyph of Destruction in there would be a good idea and I might make a secondary key with that. What I did though in place of the Servant of Ro slot I put in a /pet attack line so I am for sure not gonna screw that up.. one of what would have been my best brath parses I lost out on that 3k dps from pet cause I didn't get it attacking cause the hotkey only triggers if clicked between casts and i screwed up.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Jerus, while you're correct, and i dislike the long cast time, you can make it work in your favor; aa's can be used while global recast is in place. So, pop the hotkey, silent casting goes off, then as spell gems are refreshing, hit the Servant key so that it's not wasted space.

....or you can duck out of the silent casting (which i'll do on occasion).