TBM spell line up to maximize DPS =

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Spascaster
Trial Member

TBM spell line up to maximize DPS =

Post by Spascaster »

Everyone is different and I was wondering who uses what -

List your spells and lets compare what were all using -

spell 1
spell 2
spell 3
spell 4
spell 5
spell 6
spell 7
spell 8
spell 9
spell 10
spell 11
spell 12

im a newly 105 mage and I want to maximize my dps and be best in game as I can be - seems with my water pet and spamming spears im only getting 20k dps I think im way low for having 11.5k aa's help a fellow mage out !
Sancus
Conjurer

Re: TBM spell line up to maximize DPS =

Post by Sancus »

Need a bit more context... Solo, Grouping, or Raiding? My spell lineups vary pretty significantly between them. But in any of those, 20k can definitely be improved upon a lot.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Note sure if you want raid, solo or group spell lineup so ill give you raid with no fire spell issues:

spell 1 - Of Many
spell 2 - Spear - 105
spell 3 - Spear - 100
spell 4 - Spear - 95
spell 5 - Remorseless Servant
spell 6 - TC
spell 7 - Shield of Consequense
spell 8 - Chaotic Benefactor
spell 9 - Dichotomic Companion
spell 10 - Dark Symbiosis/Surge of Shadow
spell 11 - Thaumatiz Pet
spell 12 - Gather Magnitude
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

That's very similar to the lineup I use. The two main differences are I keep a few situational nukes loaded (Beam, Sands) and I use Bolt over the 95 Spear. That said, most Mages I talk to use the 95 Spear.
Nukester

Post by Nukester »

RAIDS
Burns-
Multibind these four spells in this exact order.
1. Storm of Many
2. Remorseless servant
3.Spear of Molten
4.Spear of Blister

Cast alliance whenever its up.( Given theres enough mages to make it fire ) If u follow that and use your DPS AA's( 1st spire, Fire Core, ITC, Focus of Arcanum). ( I put those in one hot key with /alt activate). Pop Elemental Union when Fire Core fades. Pop Glyph of Destruction whenever i can. Twincast spell should always be used whenever its up. I also keep a suspended pet with all his burns up( FBO,2nd Spire,Glyph,VT,Dicho) when those fade i recast FBO and VT.Use Dicho whenever its up. You will post very high DPS granted u have Chanter and Druid ADPS.

If u havent multibinded your DPS spells i suggest you do so. Assign those 4 spell slots to the same key and just spam it. That's the lineup that works best for me and im usually Number one on DPS given theres no Zerks on. Top 4 easily almost every raid. Hope this helps some of ya.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Those many spells are nutso dmg with multiple mages and host out plus servants. When soloing with a merc if I need to burn it is my go to, pop hots and then 1st spire and bang faces start melting.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Nukester wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 pm RAIDS
Burns-
Multibind these four spells in this exact order.
1. Storm of Many
2. Remorseless servant
3.Spear of Molten
4.Spear of Blister

Cast alliance whenever its up.( Given theres enough mages to make it fire ) If u follow that and use your DPS AA's( 1st spire, Fire Core, ITC, Focus of Arcanum). ( I put those in one hot key with /alt activate). Pop Elemental Union when Fire Core fades. Pop Glyph of Destruction whenever i can. Twincast spell should always be used whenever its up. I also keep a suspended pet with all his burns up( FBO,2nd Spire,Glyph,VT,Dicho) when those fade i recast FBO and VT.Use Dicho whenever its up. You will post very high DPS granted u have Chanter and Druid ADPS.

If u havent multibinded your DPS spells i suggest you do so. Assign those 4 spell slots to the same key and just spam it. That's the lineup that works best for me and im usually Number one on DPS given theres no Zerks on. Top 4 easily almost every raid. Hope this helps some of ya.
In general this is a decent setup, but there are a few areas where you're losing damage.

First, and this is certainly debatable, I wouldn't put Storm before RS. You will have essentially identical casts either way if you aren't lagging, but having RS first gives more time for people to engage pets. If you cast Storm as your first spell, it's probably wasted since some people won't have even engaged their main pets at that point. This only applies to a true burn fight; if you're burning in the middle of a boss or something they'll effectively be identical.

In terms of alliance, you definitely want some sort of audio triggers so your alliance isn't getting blocked by others'. Additionally to maximize its effectiveness you need some awareness of what's going to happen for the next ~18s of the fight; if adds are spawning/about to spawn and all the mages are going to switch targets it isn't a good time to cast it. You certainly want to get it out as much as possible, but literally casting it whenever it's up will waste it pretty frequently on most events, assuming your other mages are keeping up with theirs.

For burns, if you have ADPS and they're doing their job you shouldn't use First Spire. We passively have a 58% crit chance, so Auspice (33% crit chance) in combination with Black Wolf (10% crit chance) or IoG (12% crit chance) will all yield a 100% crit rate. Ideally you'd use First Spire whenever your Rangers' Auspice rotation ends.

Dichotomic Companion is a terrible spell for DPS. The hit damage modifier doesn't stack with FBO or OoW/SoD robe clicks, the stat increases do essentially nothing, and the proc damage is abysmal. There are some niche situations where you can use it for a DPS+Healing spell I guess, or to lower your pet aggro (not that it should have aggro issues in the first place).

Other than those points it looks reasonable.
Inarya
Trial Member

Post by Inarya »

Thanks for this, also a long time returning player myself this week and no clue what spells are good. Time to redo my spell line up :D