Wired: A Weave Falls Underfoot

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Wired: A Weave Falls Underfoot

Post by Voragath »

A "weave" is a series of spells you cast in order over and over. Typically, it is 3 nukes and then interrupted by RS when Gift procs. An example would be: casting jolt, fickle, bolt then repeating that sequence. You are trying to get in as many spells as possible before the first spell ungreys. It can be any spells you choose for that event.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Danille wrote:Using RS pets on raids is situational. It will be interesting to see how raid event mechanics work in Underfoot.
Specifically in events like Scrying, when we get hit with an AOE, our RS pet still goes off on a different target than the one intended.
On Scrying if you stand in the right place when you launch RS, and make asure not to send one as the named is going to die, then you don't have that problem. We use gargs on that event all the time; in fact I can't think of any current event where we don't use them.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sven, it doesn't matter where ur standing. If at the exact same time u launch an RS pet an AE hits then the RS pet will go after the mob that cast the AE. And that is what Dani is trying to say. I have never had problems on Scrying but iirc some of the adds do AE if they are not locked or killed, and so do the main named so there are potential problems there.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Not that it really matters anyway. The head scryers either summon immediately or after they've taken one hit from someones damage shield, so doesn't really matter what your pet is beating on.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I've ran that scenario before and concluded that the weave even in SoD was slightly better with conj spec than evoc. However, I had just done a 4 spell scenario RS, jolt, fickle, bolt .... not the 6 of RS, jolt, bolt, fickle, jolt, bolt. Makes sense.
The only problem I see here is if we don't get some significant type of mana regen, even though our burst dps will go up a bit we will only have the mana to sustain it briefly.

Guess I must get off my lazy tail and go pick up those 2 +15 augs now.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

wire wrote: Specialization:

Primary specializations have a cap of 260 while secondary specializations have a cap of 175. Specialization augs from LDoN raids increase both specializations by 15%.
I was a baby mage when LDoN came out so was not raiding.
I figured on getting a group together and farming Spec: Conj and Evoc 15% augs.

However, when looking up the Raid loot listed on Allahkazam, I only see Anomalous Rock of Alteration, Skill Mod: Specialize Alteration +15% as far as Specialization mods.

Can someone please link the spec Spec: Conj and Evoc 15% augs if they do exist.

Thanks in advance,

Sued...
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sued, we actually have a 4 page long thread on these 2 augs on our boards (under the Spells section). Which can be located here: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... ?f=6&t=374

Hope that helps. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Oniuyen_of_Test

Post by Oniuyen_of_Test »

Oniuyen Dipp
70th Magi of Intended Consequences
Test Server
Magelo
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Something to remember when we're talking about "average" saves. You have a lot of variable mana pres effects that'll have far more effect than the Spec differences. Also have to remember that the 12s recast on RmS is going to mean you'll be out of mana, a lot, if you chain it. My mana pool is going to have a fun time absorbing that, even when we hit roughly 60k mana at the end.

As it stands, it looks like it's be a flat split between spec differences on the Burn. That means either doesn't matter. It'll be how it plays out in groups. Further, if you're a heavy raider, you can't always use the full burn everywhere. Or the fight won't give you the option to stand right under the NPC (a few in SoD like that). So, Evoc looks to still be slightly better.

Last thing to note is that it's going to take practice with your own setup. The recast delays on spells mostly work, but sometimes they'll run ahead of each other. Depending on your setup, you might be able to get another Jolt in or maybe RmS will pop sooner.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

There are a lot of other preservation effects, but a different specialization wouldn't alter how they work on each spell, so I don't see that as relevant. With the new duration extension and new aura (its sorta broken right now) I think the expected damage of RS should be high enough that going out of mana with it is better than nuking in most scenarios. My calculations put it just above the average DPM of our standard nukes, but that number can vary when maxing.

I mostly see the difference as being between add-heavy fights and burn fights. From what I've seen, most new raids are add-heavy, but maxing is arguably more relevant on many raids. In groups, solo or molo play, I think the HP of mobs will making chaining RS important in Underfoot.

From my Beta testing, the refresh of Jolt will always be on time with RS, no matter if you're with or without Cleric haste (Jolt isn't affected and the timer starts after RS has cast, so its cast time is irrelevant), if you're mashing keys or casting slowly. You can never get another Jolt + global recast in before RS would refresh. So, if you do manage to cast another Jolt before RS, you would be losing DPS overall.

The only problem with casting is that a multibind has a small delay between its checks for each spell. So, if you hit the multibind while both RS & Jolt are down, it will check RS first. If RS & Jolt then both refresh after RS has already been checked, it can cast Jolt since it will be checking it next even though both refreshed at the same time. This will only happen if you're mashing keys repeatedly, otherwise you'll always get RS.