AA recommendation [81]

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
naltena
Elementalist

AA recommendation [81]

Post by naltena »

Hello guys! I'm currently working on AA's but I find my self a bit lost, I know what AA's I desire but I would like to hear you recommendations and in what order I should buy them. For example after reading the posts in this forum I saw that I should only level my elemental aclaricy up to rank 11 and then I should level companions aclaricy before continuing the elemental one. If any one could recommend what AA's I should level up next for maximum solo power please let me know :) just a quick recommendation on where to put the next 100-150 AA's. Thank you for your help!
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2283572

PS: I'm working on a AA farming guide for our forum Today I was able to obtain 25 AA's with my LoD I think its very good so I want to share it with the forum :).
naltena
Elementalist

Re: AA recommendation [81]

Post by naltena »

The Edit button is gone :(, I would like to add that I am a solo mage 80% of the time. At the moment my pet is doing 60% of the dmg to my 40%.
Skrub

Post by Skrub »

I never really paid much attention to the order in which aa's I purchased too much. Especially at 500 aa count where the AA'S just fly by. I just make sure to pay attention to the general advice on these forums, which was...

SCM maxed first.

Pet defense AA'S second (unless taking aggro, then mix in subtletly). I always liked defensive pet aa's first due to the line of thinking that if my pet could hold em off, I could burn em down.

Pet offensive AA'S third.

Secondary pet aa's fourth. (Host of the Elements, Servant of Ro, Frenzied Burnout)

My offensive AA'S.

My defensive AA'S

Mix in fun utility AA'S when going down a line gets boring.

Oh... Fortify Companion is one I didn't get until around AA 800 or so. I really regret not getting it. It is quite awesome on an accidental double or triple pull.

Also, Turn Summoned was pretty blah for me. I think I woulda been happier spending the aa on CS or CA... and spending aa on those two to me is like sandpaper in place of tp...
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

25AAs seems crazy good Naltena. What camp?

Pet doing 60% seems pretty high unless you are really conserving your mana. That or an EM5 81 pet is a considerable upgrade over 76 pets and non raid foci usable at those levels.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Miphon wrote:25AAs seems crazy good Naltena. What camp?

Pet doing 60% seems pretty high unless you are really conserving your mana. That or an EM5 81 pet is a considerable upgrade over 76 pets and non raid foci usable at those levels.
Here is the link to the guide http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=3597 and yea EM5 air pet can take a beaten :) the dps comes from me concentrating in heals.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Skrub wrote:I never really paid much attention to the order in which aa's I purchased too much. Especially at 500 aa count where the AA'S just fly by. I just make sure to pay attention to the general advice on these forums, which was...

SCM maxed first.

Pet defense AA'S second (unless taking aggro, then mix in subtletly). I always liked defensive pet aa's first due to the line of thinking that if my pet could hold em off, I could burn em down.

Pet offensive AA'S third.

Secondary pet aa's fourth. (Host of the Elements, Servant of Ro, Frenzied Burnout)

My offensive AA'S.

My defensive AA'S

Mix in fun utility AA'S when going down a line gets boring.

Oh... Fortify Companion is one I didn't get until around AA 800 or so. I really regret not getting it. It is quite awesome on an accidental double or triple pull.

Also, Turn Summoned was pretty blah for me. I think I woulda been happier spending the aa on CS or CA... and spending aa on those two to me is like sandpaper in place of tp...
Thank you I will follow that then :) question whats SCM? Also do you konw how twin cast works? I bought it but I have never seen it proc.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

naltena wrote:.......question whats SCM? Also do you konw how twin cast works? I bought it but I have never seen it proc.

SCM=spell casting mastery

twincast procs 1% of casts per level of the AA you have bought, there is an emote, something like "you twincast...." that you could set up to hear when it goes off
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Oh got you, 1% no wonder I haven't seen it hahaha. Thank you I've maxed SCM following the advice you guys gave me :)
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

drape of the elements are companion of necessity are good aa for soloing. drape is our fade, and con is a temporary pet that memblurs the mob when it poofs. both are useful for pulling. just a warning ... train con 2 and 3 at the same time if you want to use it. con 2 is a terrible aa, but the 3rd rank made it useful again.

to each their own, but i tend to train aa in the following order
1. necessary utility
2. self dps
3. pet defensives
4. pet heals
5. utility that amuses me
6. pet dps
7. self defensives
Skrub

Post by Skrub »

Hmmm, what's wrong with CoN 2? I have it and it works as intended I guess. Gets rid of the mobs when I want it to, or keeps them occupied while I bring up pet # 2.