Come Hither

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Come Hither

Post by Merlaina »

Does this AA have any actual use other than just being fun to smurf with group members? I got it on a whim and while amusing, I'm not sure it's terribly useful, except maybe to un-summon a caster with aggro. I don't think this works on Mercs, which is a shame since I do sometimes have a problem with my cleric merc lingering next to a mob my pet is tanking with me screaming "dammit, move you stupid merc!"
EQ Mage Tower

Re: Come Hither

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

This AA is purely a 'fluff' AA. It was just meant to be a fun toy and not have any actual use. No, it doesn't work on mercs, players that are levi'd or players on mounts. I've heard some people use it occasionally to get a puller back in range for a heal really quick, but I never have.

As a side note, if you have a problem w/ your merc not moving out of range, CoTH it. That usually works for me.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

My merc problem is usually more that she moves and then heals herself when the now-tanking pet need it more, and makes me blow my pet lay hands. I don't have COH loaded generally, but I'll keep this in mind when fighting in close quarters where this is most often a problem. Thanks for the tip.
EQ Mage Tower

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

Get the Call of the Hero AA for 6 AA's. It has 12 second cast time, but is affected by quick summoning AA's so can be reduced to 6 seconds just like the spell. Furthermore it doesn't take up a spell slot and is ready all the time.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

If you raid, or if you have boxes you drag around with you, Call of the hero AA is very nice.
Danille

Post by Danille »

If you dont have companions relocation and the tank doesnt turn the mob so that your water pet cam backstab, you can hither the MT to you and spin the mob for BS positioning.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

I can explain this one. It used to be a spell. We argued it should be an AA. So we ended up getting the really stupid DS spell changed from an AA and this turned into one. We tend to call that a /facepalm these days. It wasn't quite what we requested...

Now, this used to have a use. The first is that it used to have a massive range. The second is it used to be an auto-kill. I dubbed it "Call Hilter" during the SoF Beta. When we were testing the first Jolt spell, we were having a blast killing each other randomly with it. I was taking contract hits on our Wizards for a while. :lol:

But, for the most part, no, it's got no use except tormenting other people. Which isn't all bad, but do be careful, as they can block the effect. :evil:
Laeaddor

Post by Laeaddor »

I've noticed this largely useless AA can jack a leved player up pretty high sometimes. Could there be places this would be usefull getting players over otherwise unscaleable objects? Like spamming lev rings back in the day for 1.0 camps in CoM. I can't think of any places off the top of my head but there must be an interesting use for that bump up...
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

It is pretty usefull but only seldomly. I have used it to jank the puller to group in HOS when they were snared for example. Range is pretty high, I think I hithered a group member once in PoK from the nexus stone, while standing close to the soulbinder.