Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Post by Merlaina »

Ah, but you missed where I said my person was having the same problem with the X key, so it's not a numpad issue.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Merlaina wrote:Ah, but you missed where I said my person was having the same problem with the X key, so it's not a numpad issue.
Is the person spamming the X key while the gems are greyed out?
Using the multi-bind, I never see a spell gem light up once the weave cycle starts.
If you are waiting for the gems to light back up, you maybe waiting too long and actually having the 1st gem refresh so you keep casting the same spell over and over.

If you are spamming the Multi bind key and not getting all your gems to cast, you may want to take these troubleshooting steps:

Clear the X key and make sure that no other function is linked to it under any tab.
Then assign X to spell gem 1 -- it should not be red. -- if it turns red there is a function somewhere you did not clear.

back out and press X to make sure spell gem one cast.

Go back in and bind spell gem 2 so you now have Gem 1 and Gem 2 bound to X.

back out and press X on your key board and see if Gem 1 cast -- keep spamming X and see if Gem 2 cast.

Rinse and repeat for the other gems and Force of Elements.

I can only get RS, Jolt, bolt and fickle off before jolt will refresh and cast again. -- FOE fires only when spell gems are all grey and the AA is refreshed.

Sued...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

That's basically what I suggested to her (not so much the incremental additions, but the wiping it clean and making sure it wasn't red when that first one was mapped). Unfortunately her and my times haven't been crossing much lately except during raids, which we're too busy then to worry about trying to get her multibinding working. As soon as we have a real chance to sit down and work it out I'll let you know how it goes.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I think it's basically a "who does Sony want to screw with today" kind of thing. I've been multi binding for a while down and have come across that issue once or twice. Didn't change anything, it was just working fine the next day. It happens. I think extreme lag might have something to do with it.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Actually we figured it out, and she just had a misunderstanding of how it was supposed to work. She didn't realize that she would need to hit the key repeatedly. She thought it would sequentially cast all of the spells in the weave. Once we got that figured out it worked fine for her.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

i think line of sight can screw with it, if the mob is hiding behind something like a blade of grass
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

just how short of a fight ? unless it doesnt last as long a rbs does i think ur full of crap or yer not parseing right
Vaelil

Post by Vaelil »

I was hoping to add in a clickie nuke to my weave but I can't seem to get it to work. I was using the ToB bp and when that was in a slot for the weave it was the only thing that would cast and then "can't use this yet" messages were being spammed. I tried moving it around from originally hotbar 2, to hotbar 1 slot 10, to hotbar 1 slot 1 and nothing seemed to make a difference. It worked perfectly fine with Force of Elements in hotbar 2 slot 1, but as soon as I add in the ToB robe it kills it : /. Any suggestions?
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Thought it was said earlier you can only multi-bind one hotkey. Though if more could work would have to go at the end of weave, though I don't see it working as when spamming when grey it goes to first hotkey which it will keep trying to cast.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

If by hotkey you mean item click effect, then yes, that's correct. I'm pretty sure you can have multiple hotbar buttons multibound, but only one of those can be an item click (and it will be the last one).