Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Post by dorfillya »

Enocha wrote:I use the Multibinding with my top 4 spells mapped to my X key. How do I add in the AA "Force of Elements" to the multibind key? Thanks in advance, Enocha!
Put force of elements on a hotbar. You can multibind that hotkey button to the X just like your other spell gems. Works great for me, with the same situation, first 4 spell gems and Force of Elements all bound to the same key. Anytime spell gems are greyed out, but Force of Elements is refreshed, it fires.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

I've only been back a while, and stopped just before they introduced the spell recast changes.

Getting back into the flow of things i just created a hotkey:
/cast 1
/alt activate 8800 (Force of Elements AA)
/cast 2

Im just curious how the Multibinding differs from this?
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Multibinding will automatically cast the first spell gem or hotkey that is not grayed out that it comes to. And it handles fizzles better also.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

ahh ... so its less spammy?

Ill admit i do get "this spell / ability is not ready yet" alot with my hotkey.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

it's probably more spammy, get the spam in a window you dont care about,
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Might want to put a copy of this in the Library forum...poked around there and couldn't find one.
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

Ever since originally reading this incredible post, I have been using and loving this, thank you so very much Wired. Anyway, lately on Test server (we have had like 3-4 patches in the last week, and several server downtimes with no apparent patches) it is affecting the way my spell casting works when spamming my "Q" key that I have spell gems 1-4 and hotbar 3 top key set on. Not always, but much more often than I care for, it will not cast spell gems 2-4 when RS pet (gem 1) is grayed out. Or, sometimes it will, but then it wont cast gem 3 if gem 2 is grayed out, it just continues to attempt to cast gem 1 or 2, with some kinda spam about spell not being available at this time.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what to do about this. I have bugged it, but with the serious lack of assistance we are getting (all instance servers were down on test more than working for almost a week before they got fixed) i seriously doubt this will be dealth with.

Nylrem of test
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

nylrem wrote: Not always, but much more often than I care for, it will not cast spell gems 2-4 when RS pet (gem 1) is grayed out. Or, sometimes it will, but then it wont cast gem 3 if gem 2 is grayed out, it just continues to attempt to cast gem 1 or 2, with some kinda spam about spell not being available at this time.
Nylrem of test
I had this then played with the order of my spells on the spell gem bar and it cleared up.

The multibind setup I am using with FoE AA is:
Gem1: RS
Gem2: Jolt
Gem3: Bolt
Gem4: Fickle

Sued...
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

dorfillya wrote:
Enocha wrote:I use the Multibinding with my top 4 spells mapped to my X key. How do I add in the AA "Force of Elements" to the multibind key? Thanks in advance, Enocha!
Put force of elements on a hotbar. You can multibind that hotkey button to the X just like your other spell gems. Works great for me, with the same situation, first 4 spell gems and Force of Elements all bound to the same key. Anytime spell gems are greyed out, but Force of Elements is refreshed, it fires.
That's the way to do it. Just make sure Force of Elements is on a lower hotbar or lower slot on the same hotbar for the multibind. You can also add one item click to the same multibind (2 or more items don't work properly).

RIght now I'm using Mark of the Last Wing in addition to Force of Elements. So, I press 1 key to do my spell casting multibind and if all my spells are greyed out during the global recast, I can press the same key again to cast either my DD clicky or Force of Elements. The item click has priority over the AA, as I have the item bound lower than the AA and it still casts first.

Adding these two clicks to your multibind will continue to simplify your gameplay.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

Requesting a sticky or library move for this...this post is way to useful. Thanks Wire for starting it and your insight.