Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
vlada
Elementalist

Re: Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Post by vlada »

Our RLs are melee, i never get a bard. :(

I'll try rearranging the order a bit and see how i do.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Your RLs are lame then. bard in a grp with 3 mages and an enc is $$. I know melee from my guild slack somewhat, but generally that is my grp setup and I am almost always in the top 3 w/o 7th or glyph on parses. Let the melee have a shammy and they will be fine. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
vlada
Elementalist

Post by vlada »

Andorrabell wrote:Another good idea is to create one hotkey to push mulitple AAs using the /alt activate command.
I set up one key to mash Fire Core, Focus of Arcanum, First Spire and the Twincast spell if it's up, which is nice.
I intend to make an OH SMURF hotkey also that mashes shared health, stone core etc. when I ever get around to it.
Dora
my oh smurf hotbutton:
/alt act 2000 (Armor of Experience)
/alt act 624 (stone core)
/alt act 265 (shared health)
/alt act 636 (Arcane Whisper)
/alt act 639 (Dimensional Instability)

Others you can do are:
/alt act 1217 (Gate)
/alt act 3516 (Companion of Necessity)
/potion belt # (hot pot)

My DPS hot button
/alt act 636 (Arcane Whisper)
/alt act 621 (Fire Core)
/alt act 1370 (First Spire of the Elements)
/alt act 1211 (Focus of Arcanum)
/cast # (twincast)

I have two dps hot buttons, everything is the same except /cast is replaced with 7th vet AA
/alt act 487 (Intensity of the Resolute)

Others you could add are:
/alt act 589 (Glyph of Destruction)
/alt act 5000 (Glyph of Courage)

Don't bards add more dps to melee groups than casters groups?
Last edited by vlada on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Don't bards add more dps to melee groups than casters groups?[/quote]

http://forums.theconcerthall.net/viewtopic.php?t=4552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An entire forum line from a bards point of view about that very same question.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

in my experience, bards add more DPS to mages/necros like Trikki said in that forum. Bards just hate to b caster DPS grp over melee b/c they can't do smurf for dmg then. But it shouldn't matter b/c 3 mages with pets getting fire songs/mana will dominate prob 2 bards each in DPS/overall dmg.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Piemastaj wrote:in my experience, bards add more DPS to mages/necros like Trikki said in that forum. Bards just hate to b caster DPS grp over melee b/c they can't do smurf for dmg then. But it shouldn't matter b/c 3 mages with pets getting fire songs/mana will dominate prob 2 bards each in DPS/overall dmg.
Only important question when it comes to bard usage is "totality of DPS change". Stacking a Bard + Enchanter eliminates the benefit of the Bard, since the Enchanter eats a spot that could be been better used on a DPS class.

Bards are nice, but they're probably most useful for Necromancers (on burns) and melees on anything past their main-line discs. (Though it varies heavily by class) but it always depends on the user. Some people are just better at it than others, and you should generally put them with the best DPS groups, when you can.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Post by Andorrabell »

Is there anyway to tell (easily) whether on MY raids JOM is better dps over a burn event than Fickle or Bolt?

I'm not sure how well my guild sustains "many pets on aggro" over the course of an event..
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Here's a way to get a (very) rough ballpark.

Take your favorite parsing program (I use GamParse). Look at a long fight; there should be a tab that tells how many spells of each type you cast, and at what time you cast them. Print this (or copy it, or whatever). Then tab over to the graph option, and pull up the graph data for your damage. Correspond where your JOM spells were cast vice their spot on the graph. Obviously, you can have good or bad crit luck which will mess up the data, or the guild might not be on that night, etc. Done over the course of several fights, you can get a (very) rough idea on whether or not you think JOM is being used effectively.

Conversly, you could simply skip using JOM for a week or so worth of raiding and see what your DPS numbers look like....
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Andorrabell wrote:Is there anyway to tell (easily) whether on MY raids JOM is better dps over a burn event than Fickle or Bolt?

I'm not sure how well my guild sustains "many pets on aggro" over the course of an event..
Typically I just eyeball it. You want at least 6 and need 10 to max. It's quite easy to see whether or not there are a significant amount of pets on a mob if you turn off PC names and leave NPC names on, especially with the pet owner's name on too, since twice the height on an NPC name is easy to spot.

What I used to do was stretch out the window I had spell damage filtered to so it wouldn't scroll too fast. That way you can see how many waves are hitting each time - just count the type 3 focus effect messages. You'll get used to how much of the screen a full wave occupies pretty quickly, and will be able to judge your Joltability quite quickly.

Barring the above, you could... I don't know setup a single-note audio trigger for each Jolt wave hitting the mob. When audio triggers go off on top of each other the sound becomes amplified, for me at least. So, if you hear a loud note you know Jolt is performing well, a soft note indicates you should just focus on Bolt and Fickle.

You can also get your Cloth Cap out and use it before or after your Host. You can also work with your swarm pet classes and make sure each player has a specified mob HP percentage at which to pop out all their pets. In the long run, that's really the best option.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

And, if it is a burn fight you should have atleast your Servant of Ro out, your main pet, your RBS, and your Host pets. They will be on a decent amount if it is like a 2min burn fight or anything short duration. That also goes for your other pet classes on raids so it should be hitting for max damage throughout the entire fight.

For me, I use Jolt 24/7 when it is up. It is low on mana so it doesn't break the bank and RBS can proc off of it. Granted my raids are generally running 5 mages deep, along with 2 necros and a BL on a nightly basis. But on BURN fights it should be no problem that your JoM is gunna hit for max damage each cast. Seems like your asking for duration burn fights, and for that I do what Wire does basically. Eyeballing it is probably the best way to do it on a nightly basis, take a quick glance when your casting a nuke then base it off of that.