Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Elentarri
Elementalist

Re: Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Post by Elentarri »

ty maleria :)
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

I have to say that post is fantastic - 5 Stars. You have given me something to simplify things and become more efficent at the same time a rare thing! I feel like a complete noob again, but I'm re-learning.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Funkeye wrote:On short burn fights I elminiate Ramp..waste of time...Short fight I burst fire nukes, but if they are a long fight go with servent. I have parsed 2k more dps on short fights with no ramp pet as with him.

Heh, what's your definition of a short fight? If it is equal to or greater than the amount of time ramp is up, then I would say it's worthwhile to cast ramp.....
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

I have been multibinding on my boxed melee chars for quite some time now with their multitude of random keys to click nowadays. Very nice for not having to click multiple keys when you want to use them all.

However on my caster boxes I have never felt the need to do this. Unfortunately you still have to rapidly click the same button instead of rapidly clicking the next button in your order.
Siraph_01

Post by Siraph_01 »

Am new here and would like to say this is a nice thread and I may consider boxing on multiple computers to test it out. I box a mage and am wondering how do you handle GoM procs with this?
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Siraph_01 wrote:Am new here and would like to say this is a nice thread and I may consider boxing on multiple computers to test it out. I box a mage and am wondering how do you handle GoM procs with this?
with multibinding on box toons, you probably ignore GOM procs
Siraph_01

Post by Siraph_01 »

I use 4 boxes. Paladin, Shaman, Ranger, Mage.

So far I am able to make use of the GoM procs effectively on the shaman since my assist macro takes me thru some debuffs and ends with the first DoT, I stack the rest according to need and fire his Lynx on a GoM proc.

With the mage I am still able make use of GoM to summon the Gelid Paradox or RS but I tend to find myself wanting a better method.

My macro is easy ... assist, malosenea, pet attack, fickle..... from there I am on the same boat as the shaman where I begin watching for GoM to cast a RS or start alternating bolt and fickle until I get the mob deaded or get procs. I guess it's not too much work but will see when the hybrids start getting GoM too, that will be a lot to look for. I'm really looking for a nice macro sequence for a hard burn where I can make use of all the other things as well like host, servant, frenzied burnout, etc....

Sorry for babbling btw.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Multibinding is very different from macroing.

With a multibind all you have to do is make an audio trigger for each toon that gets a GoM proc, then you'd simply wait until RS refreshes on that toon.

If you're using macros, then you have something pressing multiple hotkeys in sequence for you. You'd have to integrate that with log monitoring to do anything with GoM procs.
Siraph_01

Post by Siraph_01 »

Is there a way to bind the keys for 1 account while the other 3 don't change ... on the same computer without any of them defaulting to the others when logging on and off?
Enocha
Magician

Post by Enocha »

I use the Multibinding with my top 4 spells mapped to my X key. How do I add in the AA "Force of Elements" to the multibind key? Thanks in advance, Enocha!