Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Redius
Conjurer

Re: Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Post by Redius »

I'll agree that the simplest way to ensure getting max JOM is to have communication with the rest of the caster types. We've got a channel for nukers/CC casters, and it's as simple as typing "host inc now" when you're about to launch host, and making sure that everyone goes in a rotation to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Post by Andorrabell »

thanks for the ideas, I will probably try several of them! :)
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I used this last night to some great results. My aim was to hit 5K dps, but ended up just over 5.9K in 189 secs on a Rott burn. It could have been more too, but got caught twisting and lost pet to enrage as well as I was using the air pet instead of water, so could have squeezed out a few hundred more. Also accidentally hit P mid fight and it lagged me out for about 10 seconds while it brought up the stupid web page window. This is with mostly pre-MMM gear.
I'm occasionally #1, usually top 3 on our parses and I was pretty sure that would get me #1, but I was inched out by one of our wizzies at exactly 6K dps.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Wizzies have a HUGE advantage on that fight, b/c there is no real good corner on that fight. On that fight your best pet is probably to use fire so u don't need to keep repositioning water pet behind Rott. The lack of a corner is generally why Rott isn't considered a great burn named.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Finglas

Post by Finglas »

I use a slightly different method to achive the same effect. I just make a hot key that casts my weave spells in order with very short pause times.

Weave button.
/pause 2, /cast 1
/pause 2, /cast 2
/pause 2, /cast 3
/pause 2, /cast 4
/cast 5

I prefer this method since I already have both sets of key bindings set.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

wire wrote:Repercussions extend to things like Twelfth Night superimposed upon regular heals, where you can press 1 key and if your target is low enough, the game will cast the emergency heal (since it has a target restriction) or otherwise cast a regular heal.
While this seems to work with my mage nukes, it does not seem to work using cleric's twelfth night spell.
Funkeye

Post by Funkeye »

On short burn fights I elminiate Ramp..waste of time...Short fight I burst fire nukes, but if they are a long fight go with servent. I have parsed 2k more dps on short fights with no ramp pet as with him.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

can u plz post the numbers and what not on the AA's like first spire
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

im also trying to set up a hot key that will cast servant of ro, host of elements, ramp pet and jolt if i can get the numbers for the aa's will be much appreciated
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Fundament: First Spire of Elements 1370
Focus of Arcanum 1211
Fire Core 621

Servant of Ro 174
Host of the Elements 207

Just from the ones you named. They can all be found here at the EQ forums. You'll have to create a user handle if you've never been there before, and log in through your station account.