Making my duo a trio

Not quite at the level cap.
claypigeons
Trial Member

Making my duo a trio

Post by claypigeons »

I currently box a mage and shaman, both 71.

What would be a worthwhile addition for this? I've been thinking maybe a bard for melody. Or a ranger for superior track and general ranger-y goodness.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
mage76

Re: Making my duo a trio

Post by mage76 »

I am with you thinking of doing the samething only i box a cleric and gettin a shaman at least wiuth a cleric wont have to use merc much
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Guess this is a little late but...

I love boxing an Enchanter with my mage. I'd say a Druid too, but you already have a healer. You're likely better off with your pet than any melee (other than a tank... but they can be a PITA to box).

So overall, my suggestion would be Enchanter if you're willing to give the toon some attention; bard would be the better option for minimal effort.
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

ADD A NECRO TO THE MIX

Mage = pet tank, DD, 30 sec burns
shaman= slows, back up heals, dots, pet DPs , cures, all around utility class
Necro = pulls, DPs, ptet assist and pet tank .....yes pet tank !!!
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
Danille

Post by Danille »

Foaaniel wrote:ADD A NECRO TO THE MIX

Mage = pet tank, DD, 30 sec burns
shaman= slows, back up heals, dots, pet DPs , cures, all around utility class
Necro = pulls, DPs, ptet assist and pet tank .....yes pet tank !!!
Agree! :mrgreen:
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I started out playing an Enchanter. I made the mage to Duo with the enchanter and eventually lost my Enchanter account, going Mage-Main. I made a new enchanter and used her to help my mage. I later decided I wanted more burn power and made a Wizard to pair with the mage. I soon realized a wizard was a mage without a pet when boxed, and so I made a 2nd Mage.

Mage/Mage combo is excellent. Very low mana usage with 2 pets & rains. Very easy to deal with adds, and Great Great DPS.

I occasionally pull out my Enchanter for a super difficult encounter, but that is very, very rare 99.9% of the time the mage/mage combo, for difficult encounters, for mana efficiency, and for speed of killing.

I disagree with adding a necro to a mage because mobs never typically live long enough for the necro to be very good DPS, a wizard would be a better option, but in the end magicians are just so easy to box. /assist ___, /pet attack , /cast 1, /cast 2, /cast 3. All linked in one button. One add? offtank with the 2nd mage pet. 3rd add? Off-tank it with servants rom both mages & pop your virulent talons, no problem.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Enchanter all the way, baby.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Mage, wiz, ench or bard. First two for dps last two for utility. Necro, as pointed out, isn't enough dps to box.
Felinya
Magician

Post by Felinya »

I have two accounts. My mage can duo with necro, enchanter, mage, ranger, cleric or wizzy. I can personally do more with the mage/necro duo because of the utility the necro provides. I can do a lot with the mage/mage also and the chanter mage but the hard crap I do nothing beats the mage/necro..... nothing
Danille

Post by Danille »

Felinya wrote:I have two accounts. My mage can duo with necro, enchanter, mage, ranger, cleric or wizzy. I can personally do more with the mage/necro duo because of the utility the necro provides. I can do a lot with the mage/mage also and the chanter mage but the hard crap I do nothing beats the mage/necro..... nothing
Agree 100% necro pulling, using pet as backup, feeding mage with mana...all amazing stuff. They are very very compatible.