Plane of Shadow - Beaming.

Not quite at the level cap.
Hadez
Trial Member

Plane of Shadow - Beaming.

Post by Hadez »

ive lately been in groups with several others on Vox server, with a sK pulling most of the mobs in Plane of shadow with bard selos sonata, its not really all that hard. he then selo's his mage, and proceeds to beam close to 100 mobs. netting exp and aa of epic proportions, im kinda surprised that there isn't a thread about it here on these forums.
Hadez- Vox server.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Plane of Shadow - Beaming.

Post by Voragath »

There isn't a post because everyone knows about beaming. It's been discussed on SoE live boards and in the SW boards ad nauseam. Most people don't discuss it for obvious reasons and strategies behind beaming. Also, it's not such an easy thing for everyone to accomplish nor are all players who play here just out to max their aa's.

Additionally, there are other methods to gain just as many aa's in the same time frame and other strategies to gain them even faster.

In short, beaming is an individual preference rather than a must use strategy and it's widely known.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

I'm out to getting AA's and I would like to know how this is done XD!!!

Can you go into detail? I've done it with the weak mobs in SL grab 6-8 make sure pet has agro and proceed to beam. not insane AA's or anything and I get smacked a ton but its better than LFG in my dead server.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

In groups with an SK pulling it's not that difficult. SK pulls, rounds up mobs, keeps aggro and mage beams.

Solo is a different story and involves kiting at full speed. You need a good computer and a strong connection to pull it off as it often lags out the zone depending on how many you pull. Under those circumstances, 1 hitch is usually instant death.
The Gist - Round up mobs, run them in a circle to get them bunched together, take off and create some distance, stop, start casting while turning, timing the beam to hit when mobs are in conical area, keep turning and running. Rinse and repeat.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I gave this a try, until i got it down ... It's annoying, twitchy, & I kill faster the traditional way.

Don't know why people bother.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I did a little bit of it back in the TSS days in Icefall I think it was, but that didn't last long. I'm with you.
Cielli wrote: Don't know why people bother.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

I see what the problem is with this today in the big tree zone. A mage pulled the zone and lagged out the mobs. I want to get massive xp but not by lagging out a zone. I just wanted some headshot like action, oh well thanks for the information. If I find a sk I'm sure it will be great to do some beaming with out having to lagg the zone to do it.

More importantly plane of shadows? is that a new place? I dont recall it from PoP expansion.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

naltena wrote:I see what the problem is with this today in the big tree zone. A mage pulled the zone and lagged out the mobs. I want to get massive xp but not by lagging out a zone. I just wanted some headshot like action, oh well thanks for the information. If I find a sk I'm sure it will be great to do some beaming with out having to lagg the zone to do it.

More importantly plane of shadows? is that a new place? I dont recall it from PoP expansion.
1. (For General Readers) Lagging a zone to kill mobs is against the EULA and led to the wizard beams getting nerfed.

2. (For Naltena) Plane of Shadows is a Tier 3 zone for RoF that was released a few months back.
purvis170
Trial Member

Post by purvis170 »

You can always get a mission in beasts domain. That way you have a private zone and don't have to worry about others.

Just get a new mission when you need more mobs
Sunlace

Post by Sunlace »