Plane of Shadow - Beaming.

Not quite at the level cap.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Plane of Shadow - Beaming.

Post by Voragath »

That's why I hate threads like this one and the one you linked. They are so full of hyperbole, it's laughable. That is probably one of the main reasons they don't allow threads that call for nerfs.
Hadez
Trial Member

Post by Hadez »

Voragath wrote:
Additionally, there are other methods to gain just as many aa's in the same time frame and other strategies to gain them even faster.
such as?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Hadez wrote:
Voragath wrote:
Additionally, there are other methods to gain just as many aa's in the same time frame and other strategies to gain them even faster.
such as?
I do not know them all. You could get a high dps group with fast pulls and pull off the aa's in the same time frame. I did as much in VoA with a group. When people started complaining about how many aa's a solo beaming mage could get, I laughed; I thought to myself, "that group in windsong that night pulled more aa's in the same time frame!"

Many people will tell you there is nothing special about beaming. You still have to take the time to gather and kill the mobs.

Through normal gameplay, I have outstripped many "beamers" just by doing groups, missions, etc.

If you want a comprehensive list, you will have to ask many other people than me. People play differently and do different things. I am not the only one who has scoffed at beaming.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Mage + A good Necro kiting = amazing.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

During the double xp weekend I managed to rake in 140 something AA's during a 30 minute lesson burn. Under normal circumstances that would have been 70. This was in Breeding Grounds; our group/fellowship were the only people in the zone so no worries about pulling other groups mobs.

We had a necro pulling, three mages, one druid and one cleric merc. Myself and one of the other mages are group geared and the rest are tier 1/2 RoF raid geared.