Returning player hasnt played since 2003

Not quite at the level cap.
shiner421
Trial Member

Returning player hasnt played since 2003

Post by shiner421 »

Hiya folks,

for all intents and purposes I am a returning player who quit in mid 2003. I came back briefly last year for a month or so, then quit until this past week. I purchased a 6 month plan so I will be back for a while :)

Anyhow, I have missed many expansions since then, and I never raided when I played. Consequently there are many mechanics I have msised, essential quests and items and such.

My mage is lvl 81 currently, with 500 AA's. I am tryint to stay locked at 81 and get 1k AA before proceeding. I have been killing mobs in OGH and doing the tasks there for AA exp, and it isnt too bad, but I have a feeling I could do much better. Since I am rusty, still figuring out how to layout my UI and such, I have not been grouping.

I have not done my epic (did a couple things but very little), and do not have the 'shawl' (I assume thats the coldain prayer shawl).

What should I do that I have missed on my mage (I basically powerleveled him last year from 40-78, then 78-81 this past week) or what gear should I get (mostly defiant still, couple Abstruce pieces courtesy of my guild)?

Thanks!
shiner421
Trial Member

Re: Returning player hasnt played since 2003

Post by shiner421 »

Just to show how much I have missed, I jsut foudn out that pets summoned when a pet focus item is equipped already has the armor and belt equipped. I keep summoning armor and focus items and such for my pet every time I summon him Lol.

(and bards now have the /melody command!!!!)
Pug
Trial Member

Post by Pug »

Mate, you have been gone a while, I have played on and off since 2001 and the magicians tower has always been my bible.

All I can suggest is to study this site and try stuff, our pets are good these days but get as high a level pet focus as possible. Make sure you have pet affinity and dot the SoD them as high as you can go to get as good a merc as possible.

Other than that only do stuff you enjoy, whether it be collecting AA or just levelling.

Good Luck
Pug
Aanelyen
Magician

Post by Aanelyen »

Pug wrote:and dot the SoD them as high as you can go to get as good a merc as possible.
Actually you only need to do the progression for The Warrens to get the best level merc possible. Something like 5 "solo" tasks, and the Murdunk group mission will get you the Journeyman 5 merc, assuming you are not a F2P account. Did the Murdunk mission last night for my 86 Bard (just went Gold with him), used my 100 Ranger to headshot the mobs, over and done about as fast as the mobs could spawn. Have used 97 Mage to do this as well for others, and it really is a piece of cake anymore if you can find a high level toon to kill for ya.