Advice on levelling/setup.

Not quite at the level cap.
Greyish99

Advice on levelling/setup.

Post by Greyish99 »

Hi,

I box a group of these characters: 100 Warrior, 93 Mage, 92 Monk and 91 Shaman. Warrior 6k+ AA's, the rest between 3 and 4K AA's. I am using 2 J5 healer mercs. War is in VOA Cultural Armor, VOA T4 weapons, and some invis T4 slots. rest of the group is in HOT T4 and some ROF invisible gear. I have been playing in VOA (Not all the chars have ROF), mostly in COB and Beasts Domain, but also done Sarith and Valley.

Nameds in T3/T4 are a pain for the most part, but i am looking for advice on levelling. Even if i pull pretty fast, yes, i know this mix of chars doesn't really yield high DPS, experience is really slow, and i am going to spend months levelling my other characters up, unless i can find an area/mobs that will increase the experience gain. I have been thinking about kicking the shaman out for now, and throwing in a rogue or wizard merc, i can always let the shaman and monk take turns being in and out of the exp group.
I have never played in ROF, so i don't know how the experience is there compared to VOA, mobs have more HP's i have heard, but is the exp gain worth the increased HP's to kill?

For my mage i use a macro sending my 92 waterpet in, the RS, then a bolt. My shaman macros slow, cripple and Talisman Of The Lion. Then i have another one with pet attack, and 2 poison dots.
I am pretty experienced with keeping the mob on the warrior, so that i dont have to spend a lot of time moving the monk around.

Any tips for where my box group can go, or even how to increase my mage DPS, would be very much appreciated. (He has EM12 btw)

Thanks in advance.
Boxboss
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: Advice on levelling/setup.

Post by dorfillya »

You sure you need 2 healer merc, especially with a shaman? With a 91 air pet my mage could solo normal mobs in beasts. Seems like you have an awful lot of toons to kill relatively low mobs.
Greyish99

Post by Greyish99 »

I haven't tried with one merc, but it might work, just don't want to spotheal too much with my shaman, because i am not good at paying attention to healing ;)

As for too many toons, well it is a full group with the 2 mercs, but it means i can kill pretty fast, and it is a groupgame :) I'll try with one healer on reactive, and switch the one merc healer with a rogue or wiz merc, will improve DPS for sure, as long as the one merc can keep me alive. Would it pay off to just skip VOA, and jump into ROF, i mean experience wise. Shaman is only 91, and the monk and mage is 92 and 93, ROF is 95+ i guess, but the tank is 100, so thats most important, just don't know what the experience would be like.

Still very interested in tips on hunting spots with a safe spot to camp, with many mobs in the immediate area. Monk gets new AE mezz at 93, then pulling will be easier in zones with higher zones.
Felinya
Magician

Post by Felinya »

If I were you I would go to CoB AFTER you got the warrior the small tear from Temple (i think thats where the quest is from) that goes in your ammo slot for boost to your defense 1 to 2 %. Stay away from RoF because the mobs have a lot more hps so your kill rate will take a major hit.

If I were you, I would drop monk for bard. You couldn't get a better addition to your group and boost your dps by a fair amount. You could get it up to speed in one weekend if you're half decent at pling.

This will improve your dps, pulling, CC and it's EXTREMELY easy to box a bard. Your dps will improve considerably because you can focus your time on your dps class (mage) and the pets will all gain some great boosts in dps as well.

Bench the monk.

Other exp gems....do quests in RoF if and when you ever get it on all toons. The rewards from the quest lines are crazy good.
Greyish99

Post by Greyish99 »

Hi, sorry for not getting back earlier. I love playing my monk too much to bench him. I spent the double XP weekend in COB, and after that i have been in ROF, getting T1 armor and XP. Mobs have more HP's, but its not that much slower, and i get armor at the same time. Mage is 95 now, monk is 94 and shaman is 93. I would love a bard, but cant see myself starting a new toon at this point.

I have done a few quests in ROF, and its quite fun to do something else.

Thanks for all advices, now to get another level.