Fastest possible experience from 93 to 95

Not quite at the level cap.
Arterian
Magician

Fastest possible experience from 93 to 95

Post by Arterian »

Happy Sunday!

It seems the discussion regarding leveling spots has slowed down a bit.

I'm currently lvl 93, I have been doing a mix of groups in Shard's Landing and headshot groups in Feerrott (Tough to get though).

I'm open to solo, molo, group, whatever is the fastest. I really want to blow through these last couple levels so I can get the new 96 air pet, then stop and work on some AA.

Suggestions?
Cielli
Conjurer

Re: Fastest possible experience from 93 to 95

Post by Cielli »

Helps to work a quest which is side by side with a good grinding spot. I like the Alkabor's nightmare island quests, the first is ' the rivervale ruins' ... Kill 6 mobs, do a couple hails, and you get like 10+ mobs worth of solo exp for completion, then you can do Wastelands of everfrost, same deal, kill 6, few hails, 10+ more mobs worth of exp... the third is faydarks shadow, do em once when you log in everyday, nice exp boost.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

If your group DPS is good enough a grind will beat quests unless quest only require kills. If it is a bunch of running around, most rewards are not worth the time lost. I would suppliment with quests though. So when you aren't in your great DPS group you can run around and get XP.

I did two days of good DPS groups (like 12 hours a day) to get from 95 to 100. We just killed a ton of mobs consistantly in CoB and Sep. The three people who were consistant in the group were all top ten in first to 100 on our server (though several guild were raiding). The others were either solo necros or people going after lightblue solo. The people I knew who were grinding out quest were still 97 when I hit 100. It showed me that quest are nice but not the fastest.

If headshoting, you dont want to be group unless you have to. I would recommend good grind groups in a zone with your level mobs and higher. I would probably do VoA zones because less people likely to be there and should have less hps than RoF mobs (thus faster kills). Though RoF seems fairly easy for the most part, so you might be able to kill a few less mobs but reap higher xp hit due to higher lvl mobs.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Most groups exp at a slower rate than a Mage can do alone or with a merc. the quests i mentioned have exceptionally high Exp gain for the amount of time invested, that's why i mentioned them, they're faster than solo grinding, & you would be hard pessed to find better exp in even an exceptional good pug.
Last edited by Cielli on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Yeah you can suppliment but if you have to run zone to zone to get optimal xp quest, you are losing time you could be xping.

I know your point on solo/moloing being better. It seems to be rare to find a hard core grind group like there was all the time back in the day. You showed up to a group and thought it was a couple hour investment min (probably because you had to run everywhere, or find a port, no GH). They do still exist though. I know we had a few different people who passed through our grind and DPS'd for us and said they missed grind group like we had. I was just commenting on how I xp'd fastest. If you don't have time for a long grind than tasks may be the best way.
byrne
Trial Member

Post by byrne »

If flagged, I would suggest convorteum. The failed creations, poor bergolos, and scrolls tasks can all be repeated quickly, easily soloed, and you should be able to get a very steady stream of exp.
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

The group missions in Shards are also very good XP. Just don't complete them until you're finished for the day/night due to lockout timers. But when your group is finished for the day/night, definitely DO complete them. The XP reward is quite nice as well.