Best experience at 83 - time to level?

Not quite at the level cap.
Arterian
Magician

Best experience at 83 - time to level?

Post by Arterian »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently sitting at lvl 83, with pretty terrible gear (Magelo is included), in HoT. I've been in courtyard groups, but the experience seems really slow. I gained a yellow last night, using 50% experience potion for some of the time, in about 2.5 hours.

What is the absolute fastest experience that you would all recommend? In addition to that, how long do you think it would take me to get to 85? 90? Just trying to put some type of time frame on this.

Thank you everyone. Appreciate your help!
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Best experience at 83 - time to level?

Post by Tweelis »

Unfortunately you've outlevelled the best xp you'll see for a very long time. Splitpaw was great up through 82, at 83 it goes to crap.

As for how much you can expect with a group, it all depends on your group. A high dps slaughterfest group would net you a level in a little over an hour. If you were grouped with three tanks and two clerics that were providing 500dps total then expect a yawnfest during levelling. If you can get a rythm down plan on 4 hours or so in Beza per level best case scenario with lesson and xp pots.
Arterian
Magician

Post by Arterian »

Hi Tweelis, thanks for the input.

An hour per level? That sounds crazy. Is that really possible with a good group? I'm now 86 and I was in a high DPS group in HoT, camping Old Rusty and pulling non stop, I got a yellow in 1.5 hours with 50% exp potion. I'm guessing there is much better group exp to be had at my lvl.
Last edited by Arterian on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

When you say a high dps group what do you consider high dps? Was everybody similar level or were most 95? Also different zones provide different amounts of xp as well as rate of xp gain.

If your full group consisted of level 85/86/87 all with say 2,000 aa's average each then it would be feasible to get a level per hour. Generally the older the zone the better xp rate over time will be. Although Feerrott is a hotzone it's far from the best xp. Overall I get far better aaxp in Zeka or Beza than any hotzone. Before that Thallassius was my zone of choice and before that Splitpaw or Plane of Fire. If you have a full group try to convince them all to go to the oldest zone where all of you can get xp.

I would also recommend running a parser if you're concerned about xp that much. Some people use them to see who is slacking but I use it for my own self experimentation reasons. Try a different tactic for 15-30 minute durations in order to find out if you can change your own spell line-ups.....you might surprise yourself. I recently made a change in when I cast my garg pet and the surge DS due to mixing things up and running the results through a parser.
Arterian
Magician

Post by Arterian »

How much do higher levels, particularly 95s sap experience? I know the grouping range is large but maybe I'm grouping with people too high level.

Also - is beza/zeka good group xp or is it more of a solo zone at 86?
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

All I can tell you is regular XP is painfully slow the higher you go in level. I'm currently on 100% XP trying to ding 95 on two toons and I can get about 5% regular exp on a Lesson burn while boxing. I do tend to go to the highest level zone I can handle while boxing (currently T4 VoA).

And that is on FV, which, IIRC, has an built in XP bonus.