Bane Hunting, any suggestions around 71?

Not quite at the level cap.
globeadue
Trial Member

Bane Hunting, any suggestions around 71?

Post by globeadue »

I'd like to hunt stuff I can make use of my mages summoned bane abilities on. I'm lvl 71 and would like a spot I can farm the snot out of stuff and use my bane nuke/dots etc.

I'm tri boxing my mage, a cleric and chanter and I'm currently farming in pov in the inner cave(no summoned mobs but mobs are lb to mage(71), blue to cleric(65) and red to chanter(54)).

Once chanter can enter BoT, I plan to go there, and I know there's a portion of mobs I can use the bane abilities on but not as much as I would like.
I also don't mind killing green/light blue to mage mobs since chanter/cleric right now are my main exp focuses.
I also don't know any of the zones post planes of power.
karantal
Trial Member

Re: Bane Hunting, any suggestions around 71?

Post by karantal »

I cant help much on the bane hunting side of thing, but in terms of leveling I would suggest PLing the enc in griegs to catch up on some AA and levels. I would definitely grind AA's before leveling up those chars much more. I did about 350-400AA's on both my mage and bard before leaving. You might find its faster to PL those chars rather than level them up grouped with the mage just yet.

At the time my druid was level 85 (normal group gear) so I was able to pull ~25 mobs and have them beat themselves to death on my damage shield. When they were almost dead I would log in the mage and AE them a couple of times with a low damage spell. With your level 71 mage you might be limited in the number you can pull at once but it should work just the same.

It was a hot zone when I leveled up my mage there, but the xp is still good.
globeadue
Trial Member

Post by globeadue »

MY focus is 65, you get the top end pop spells, within 6 levels of mage and from there is just grinding all 3 at the same time on aa's.

Reading forum, looks like paw might be viable, going to try it out tonight.

My setup is pretty much
Mage (71) w/ pet w/ healer merc rnk6 - veteran
Priest (65) - used for nukes - veteran - no merc
Chanter (54) - no veteran - no merc - for buffs

Average 30-45m session is gaining me
7-10 aa on mage
~5 aa on priest
~ 1 level on chanter.
I'm content with that speed, but hoping slaughtering elementals with bane spells will increase that significantly since i have Theft of Essence Rnk3.

Not grouping with the mage maybe better, but I made the cleric/chanter to assist the mage, so as long as I get to make progress on all 3 and play my mage, I'm content as the mage is my 'main'
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Infected Paw is definitely the place to use your anti summoned nukes. Nothing but elemental mobs all around.

Your biggest concern there is just making sure the alts move around the terrain appropriately to stay close enough to your mage to get the XP. Picking up some more levels on the mage to get a beefier pet with a better focus will help also.

For best results, grab some MGB loving in the GL. High end HP, regen and damage shield buffs will help considerably.
globeadue
Trial Member

Post by globeadue »

While a little late in respones, I switched things up..

Mage (71) w/ pet w/ healer merc rnk6 - veteran
Priest (65) - used for nukes - veteran - no merc
Chanter (54) - no veteran - no merc - for buffs

changed to
druid(53) w/ healer merc
Ranger(35) - used for nukes
Chanter (54) - no veteran - tank merc

Got them leveled so that ranger/chanter could group with mage for exp, and have now been living in splitpaw / pof tables / top of bot courtyard / dragonscalehills-farm

Mage is 71, chanter and ranger 70, farm quests are great exp, and switched to tank merc on mage, healer merc on chanter, no merc on ranger.

Oh and i took the advice to pl in griegs, with tank merc, healer merc, dps merc leveling and kills, it went pretty quick.

Thanks
Aquaplex
Trial Member

Post by Aquaplex »

Best 2 areas for mages in 70s are kata castrum (multiple elemental camps) and infected paw. Even at 71, with your crew and mercs (tank merc on 71, healer and ranged dps mercs on lower toons) you can have a good leveling experience in those 2 spots. You can stay there till your eyes bleed, grinding out 100's of aa's in the process. Zone is usually empty, so little competition for some of the better spots.