Boxing 82 mage-chanter

Not quite at the level cap.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Re: Boxing 82 mage-chanter

Post by deadman1204 »

FORGET dire charm. It's not the charm you are looking for.
It is a complete WASTE of AA. It never works on mobs over lvl 46.
The only Charm AA you care about is total domination. That set is very good. It reduces your chance of charm breaking significantly
Avno

Post by Avno »

deadman1204 wrote:
Beza is a great place, everything summoned as well.
If you go inside, there is a proportion of gnomes that aren't summoned. Zeka is better in that regard.
deadman1204 wrote:
1. Don't haste it. Breaks aside, it does so much dps that even if you put taunt weapons on the mage pet, the charm pet will keep agro.
At low numbers (four or less on the aggro list, I think), charm pets will always hold aggro over pets (and may hold aggro over players, I am not sure). Once you have more entities on the aggro list, charmed pets obey normal pet rules.
Avno

Post by Avno »

deadman1204 wrote:FORGET dire charm. It's not the charm you are looking for.
It is a complete WASTE of AA. It never works on mobs over lvl 46.
The only Charm AA you care about is total domination. That set is very good. It reduces your chance of charm breaking significantly
There's a useful AA in the 70s that requires DC - but I forget what it is :-). Worth getting Dire Charm just for that, but when you have a lot more AAs.
Kinsen

Post by Kinsen »

I can't recall when they get their first one but when the ench gets the spell that gives a defensive mez proc it makes charming while boxing a lot less suicidal.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

The AA that requires dire charm is a charm up to your level that lasts 6 or 7 minutes. However, you the reuse time on it is longer, so you can't continually use it.
Plus it is a xp hog, because you need to buy a new level of it EVERY level. Over all, not worth it.

Plus, I suggested Beza over Zeka, because until the chanter gets high enough lvl to pacify/mez things in zeka, he'll always be getting multiples on every pull. Beza is more spread out. Plus his kill rate will be low enough that he never needs to chase minotaurs/gnomes. He can skip over them and and get repops before he runs out.
geniuz
Trial Member

Post by geniuz »

I am pretty much in the same situation with 77enc. and 84 mage. I was wondering what kind of pet could actually kill the nameds in OBF and FoS (with j5 healer and j1 healer) ?? I know I still have to level the enchanter a bit in beza/zeka tough.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Depends on your pet AAs, mate. If you have your FBO, Fortify, Blessing, max pet Defense AAs, shouldn't be an issue for your 81 or 84 pets. Chain Aegis with a Stance. I keep my mercs on efficient.