Boxing 82 mage-chanter

Not quite at the level cap.
Kronoes

Boxing 82 mage-chanter

Post by Kronoes »

Hi all, long time reader.. first time poster.
I was curious if anyone could shed some light on some new spots (Currently dont have HoT) for my toons to level in. Ive been in Tosk, but it seems a little slow on the XP side. I don't have Magelo on either toons, however Im at 600 AAs on both with around 24k mana pools if that helps. Im just bored of Beza / Zeka and was hoping to get some more insight on what my group could take. Thanks in advance to any ideas :D
Jedis
Administrator

Re: Boxing 82 mage-chanter

Post by Jedis »

You could try CoD 4-way or do the Xangef/Xon/Txenn and maybe Cythkes if you have enough time and there's no one at 4-way.

Another spot I would trio with my mage/druid/enchanter was in old bloodfields, at the top of the hill. You can pull a bunch of named up there, and there's only a couple of wanderers to watch out for.

Korafax, in the hallway up the ramp, between Veltarik and Deathstalker was a good spot, too. Only one wanderer that paths through the top of the ramp, in the corner.

Warrens, right inside at the portal, from Tosk, was also convenient. I could clear the entire area, chance for a couple named if you can pull a bit further in, and if it gets hectic, an easy escape through the portal.

This is assuming you have a merc or two healing, of course.
Kronoes

Post by Kronoes »

Appreciate the info. Sorry, I did forget to mention my mercs. I usually go with 1 healer 1 wiz merc or should I get 2 heals for the spots youve mentioned?
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

CoD and Korafax you'll most likely need two healers. The other zones, you should probably be okay with one. Just keep the promised heal spell memmed just in case.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

My favorite spot to box my mage and enchanter was in OBF to the right of the tunnels that lead to CoD. I used two healer mercs. There are 2 named whose PHes you can pull from there.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

If you're tired of Beza/Zeka you might be tired of looking at clockworks in general, but I always enjoyed mechamatic guardian. No real gear loot to speak of except for the zonewide rare aug (think it's 96 H/M) but if you've got mercs out you can plow through pretty fast. The lower floors (before you go through the 2nd teleporter) are a little on the weaker side, but the upper floors provide some solid XP, and once you've made it up there once you can use the guardian expediators you pick up along the way to shorten the trip on return visits. Also, for extra fun with the chanter, charm the steamsuits. They have a fairly hefty knockback DD (admittedly this CAN get you in trouble if you're fighting near other mobs), short range directional fire based AE, and a splash of oil or something like that AE that increases incoming fire damage by 100%. I have never tried this myself, but heard good things about them on the chanter boards. Just be warned all of the above info is second hand so they might not be as nice as advertised, but even if they're just half that good they should be a big boost to DSP (if anything with that splash of oil).
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

MG was my lil private hell. Though it was good AA and fair xp, good for lesson though. Top floor, front area is easiest, back area is the prize. I love killing names so having one there is nice, rare targetable shrinky, and 2 AC wigs the tanks like (I think of them as faction points lol) also make sure you have plenty of bag space. There is a ton of good loot there, lots of vendor trash but also tradeskill drops aplenty.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Hi!
Its not on topic but my I ask a few thing?

I have powerlevled a Enc to level 71 and about 50 AA!

What stratedgy do you use?
And what spells do you buff with?
And what spells do you debuff with?
Any macros you use?

Any thing that can help me a newbe on Encanter's..
And where do you plan to hunt from level 82+ (Mag is level 82)
Last edited by Wam on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

I'm also boxing a mage and enchanter.
At 71, I'd go to paw and do ALL the AAs you can with the enchanter. You will never find a easier time to pl the chanter's AAs. It won't be terrible for the mage either at 82. I stayed in paw until the chanter was 75 or so, then things started getting slow. While your there, be sure to buy that anti summed AA we get (not turn-summoned but the other one). Its a small investment that lets you heal your pet enough with your anti-summoned nuke that you won't ever need a merc. Between Paw and Beza (next place your going) it will more than save you time spending the ~20 AAs to max that.
Beza is a great place, everything summoned as well.
When your enchanter starts getting closer to your mage, the pair really clicks. At 82, the enchanter can charm stuff in beza, and watch your dps double.
A few notes about charming with the enchanter -
1. Don't haste it. Breaks aside, it does so much dps that even if you put taunt weapons on the mage pet, the charm pet will keep agro.
2. Practice charming with your enchanter on your own first. Once your good enough to use it with the mage, you'll make people who rolled a bard cry.
3. As for enchanter AAs, get everything defensive. CA/CS maxed, veil of mindshadow, mind over matter, shield block, and armor of wisdom. As well, quick buff is actually a defensive AA for chanters. It lets you cast a rune in half the time.
For more enchanter stuff, check out http://www.therunes.net/forums/
While the site isn't very active anymore, it's a gold mine for enchanter info
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

deadman1204 wrote:I'm also boxing a mage and enchanter.
At 71, I'd go to paw and do ALL the AAs you can with the enchanter. You will never find a easier time to pl the chanter's AAs. It won't be terrible for the mage either at 82. I stayed in paw until the chanter was 75 or so, then things started getting slow. While your there, be sure to buy that anti summed AA we get (not turn-summoned but the other one). Its a small investment that lets you heal your pet enough with your anti-summoned nuke that you won't ever need a merc. Between Paw and Beza (next place your going) it will more than save you time spending the ~20 AAs to max that.
Beza is a great place, everything summoned as well.
When your enchanter starts getting closer to your mage, the pair really clicks. At 82, the enchanter can charm stuff in beza, and watch your dps double.
A few notes about charming with the enchanter -
1. Don't haste it. Breaks aside, it does so much dps that even if you put taunt weapons on the mage pet, the charm pet will keep agro.
2. Practice charming with your enchanter on your own first. Once your good enough to use it with the mage, you'll make people who rolled a bard cry.
3. As for enchanter AAs, get everything defensive. CA/CS maxed, veil of mindshadow, mind over matter, shield block, and armor of wisdom. As well, quick buff is actually a defensive AA for chanters. It lets you cast a rune in half the time.
For more enchanter stuff, check out http://www.therunes.net/forums/
While the site isn't very active anymore, it's a gold mine for enchanter info
Wow that AA missed will do to quest i do for AA! And i have that AA maxed in 2 runs, well if i can max it at level 82?
That dire charm work that on that level of mobs i wounder...

Awesome stuff thanks...