CRT Applications

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

CRT Applications

Post by Voragath »

They are taking applications for the CRT program again until March 13th. The thread is here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index ... bers.4154/

I'm not stepping down so I'll be in it for consideration and hopefully we can get a new mage added.

You can find out more about the program here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index ... tion.4152/
Last edited by Voragath on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: CRT Applications

Post by Piemastaj »

IF you do apply, and get accepted make sure you have the time to do parsing and such if issues arise please.

Simply having another Mage in the program does nothing if they can not make the time to problem solve issues.

I do not foresee myself getting in even though I applied. We also have Tuli in there so it might be slim pickins considering some classes have not had a member in a CRT program for a long time. I do like they will not guarentee spots to former members though. Allows for fresh blood to get in there and can remove bad players that are currently in there (Rogs got ruined in the last round).
Last edited by Piemastaj on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:IF you do apply, and get accepted make sure you have the time to do parsing and such if issues arise please.

Simply having another Mage in the program does nothing if they can not make the time to problem solve issues.
It is not necessary to parse to do what needs to be done. The program is not a "troubleshooting" one. It's a benefit of courtesy that most CRT's provide. QA is responsible for that stuff. We need only point out a problem exists. Many CRT's will do some extra legwork to help the devs out or narrow down issues to speed things up.
Piemastaj wrote: We also have Tuli in there so it might be slim pickins considering some classes have not had a member in a CRT program for a long time. I do like they will not guarentee spots to former members though. Allows for fresh blood to get in there and can remove bad players that are currently in there (Rogs got ruined in the last round).
Tuli is not in the program. I spoke with him when he came back to game a while ago and had no interest in it. I haven't seen him around in a long time and neither have the other CRT's. So, as far as mages go, I am the only CRT that's a mage.

Rogues did not do bad because of their CRT's. Their CRT does quite a bit of work and works hard for that class. They just got plain shafted this time around. CRT's can't prevent that and nothing is worse than a CRT pushing hard to avert such problems only to see them happen anyway. In the end, it's all up to the devs.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I beg to differ. Parses were crucial to finding out the issue when pets were bugged in VoA. We got held back because parsing was not done by others which led SOE to thinking I was fabricating things. Now of course they are not required, but they do make fixing issues much easier when the 'guy' they chose gives them data proving another's accusations.

As to Rogues, quite a few rogues dislike both their CRT members. They find them lacking in skill, which is what I was getting at nothing as to where Rogues stand.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:I beg to differ. Parses were crucial to finding out the issue when pets were bugged in VoA. We got held back because parsing was not done by others which led SOE to thinking I was fabricating things. Now of course they are not required, but they do make fixing issues much easier when the 'guy' they chose gives them data proving another's accusations.
Parses weren't crucial. They fixed it before they even figured out what was going on. They weren't able to replicate the issue until after a fix had happened. Nothing was held back. It was brought to code's attention from the time it was pointed out an issue existed.

Piemastaj wrote: As to Rogues, quite a few rogues dislike both their CRT members. They find them lacking in skill, which is what I was getting at nothing as to where Rogues stand.
The CRT program is more than representing a class, in fact. Representing a class is a small part of what we do. The CRT's can't do anything about some things and dev decisions override CRT. If a class does bad, it's nothing to do with a CRT. Like the upcoming pet nerf: there was nothing I could/can do about that. Also, less than half of what CRT's do is actually seen by the public.

Brog and Songsa do very good work. Their skills as rogues is certainly not reflected with the work they do in the CRT program.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

It absolutely was held back, Elidroth himself said so. The exact reason was because I was the only person with data to go off of. I will go back and see if I can't find the PM stating this.

Not to mention parses were the only area where you would notice it happening, because nothing was changed to make u simply look at your pet. W/o parses the issue would not have been found, considering no one noticed it even after it was brought up numerous times.

They might not be crucial in your mind, but they showed a pretty massive bug to our pets that would have otherwise not been found out.

Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:It absolutely was held back, Elidroth himself said so. The exact reason was because I was the only person with data to go off of. I will go back and see if I can't find the PM stating this.

Not to mention parses were the only area where you would notice it happening, because nothing was changed to make u simply look at your pet. W/o parses the issue would not have been found, considering no one noticed it even after it was brought up numerous times.

They might not be crucial in your mind, but they showed a pretty massive bug to our pets that would have otherwise not been found out.
Again, the root issue making pets freeze would have been fixed in a month or two regardless. No "fix" was held back. It was a back end issue. Had no one noticed it on the parse, we'd never have known there was an issue. The thing that fixed them was in the works before anyone knew there was an issue with pets.

Additionally, anyone could have sent in parse data. It had nothing to do with CRT's.

Still, that's all a sidetrack to the fact that NO ONE should be discouraged from the CRT program.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I never said it had anything to do with CRTs. However had the patch not fixed things the data would have been vital to finding a solution. And it would have held back any type of fix, like Elidroth told me.

I said that if someone gets into the program they better have the time to do what is necessary, which occasionally means parsing out bugs. Having someone get in and then do nothing for a year is counterproductive and makes our class look bad.

Again nothing against any CRTs, simply stating that if you choose to become one and are selected please have time available.