December 20th:

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: December 20th:

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:Except if we are SOL on DPS we will not have ANYTHING to fall back on. That is the issue we have with smurf self only rods. We can have all the mana in the world and if we have no niche we are far worse off then when we had powerful AA rods for all.

I am having Internet issues, but I am not too happy with how things went in the AA chat. Hopefully I can talk with Eli and explain things better, the proxy thingy did not work very well.
What niche? They already said the classes have too much regen and our mod rods just give across the board boosts that they do not want. For us to get regen, it has to be internalized. Which is why we got self rods. We would have gotten NOTHING if we pushed for utility mana regen abilities.

DPS is the only thing we need to keep working on. I haven't seen anyone posting anything about our DPS for this expansion yet. So what is it you are talking about niche and mana regen?
Last edited by Voragath on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cimmaron

Post by Cimmaron »

So do we know what is being done about DCA? I spent a lot of AAs on this, it helped me greatly in my solo play, and I would like to either see use out of it again or my AA points back.
Image/a>
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

hit it before you hit drape?
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Cimmaron wrote:So do we know what is being done about DCA? I spent a lot of AAs on this, it helped me greatly in my solo play, and I would like to either see use out of it again or my AA points back.
Other than the fact that the weaponshield idea was brought up, no. I vaguely recall someone saying the idea was shot down but I can't find the post.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Cimmaron wrote:So do we know what is being done about DCA? I spent a lot of AAs on this, it helped me greatly in my solo play, and I would like to either see use out of it again or my AA points back.
Nothing is going to happen to DCA. It will remain in the game as is. It is not broken in the slightest bit. It may work differently than we like now, but it works. Sony only refunds AA for those that are completely broken (and usually the AA is removed which is why you get the points back) or if it is made obsolete by some improvement (a good example here is origin where the character select screen had a better version so origin was made to reflect that and hastened origin aa's were refunded since they were no longer needed AND removed). Sony has never refunded points for a fully functional aa that was changed somewhat in functionality just because we don't like the change.

The only thing being done now is to find something to ADD to our aa list. We've asked for weaponshield since before UF.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Heheh, gotta love this: "DPS is the only thing we need to keep working on."

Its *been* the thing that needed the work for the last 3 freaking exps... *grin*

Savil
Danille

Post by Danille »

Voragath wrote:
Nothing is going to happen to DCA. It will remain in the game as is. It is not broken in the slightest bit. It may work differently than we like now, but it works. Sony only refunds AA for those that are completely broken (and usually the AA is removed which is why you get the points back) or if it is made obsolete by some improvement (a good example here is origin where the character select screen had a better version so origin was made to reflect that and hastened origin aa's were refunded since they were no longer needed AND removed). Sony has never refunded points for a fully functional aa that was changed somewhat in functionality just because we don't like the change.

The only thing being done now is to find something to ADD to our aa list. We've asked for weaponshield since before UF.

This is total BS.

SOE 100% completely nerfed us with this change as we can no longer dps the mob.

From day one you and pie have been selling this to us and it stinks to high heaven. And yes...no matter how many times you repeat that it is not a nerf and it is not broken that statement will not be true.

Just admit it will ya. :mrgreen:

And don't forget to tell them that Eldiroth said no to weaponshield....period
Last edited by Danille on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Danille wrote:
Voragath wrote:

This is total BS.

SOE 100% completely nerfed us with this change as we can no longer dps the mob.

From day one you and pie have been selling this to us and it stinks to high heaven. And yes...no matter how many times you repeat that it is not a nerf and it is not broken that statement will not be true.

Just admit it will ya. :mrgreen:

And don't forget to tell them that Eldiroth said no to weaponshield....period
I have never ever stated it is not a nerf. It is. A nerf that was long coming because Eli dropped the ball. Big deal. This is how it goes in EQ. Just because something is nerfed does not mean it is broken. Broken means not working at all: eg. I click the aa and nothing happens.

You can redefine broken all you want. Hell, while you are at it, redefine any word you want. Just because you decide to redefine a word does not make the new definition valid.

DCA works. I click it, my pet gets DA. It is nerfed in that it no longer allows my pet to bypass normal PC DA mechanics.

Really, we keep running over the same ground. DCA got changed. It's time to move forward.

As to WS, that's WS as it is. It does not mean we can't push for an ability somewhat similar ;)
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

DCA was a bad idea in the first place. Let it die. I have plenty of ideas to get us a work around it will just take time and having ur guild not pet tank would be fantastic.....

Mod rods are our only utility making mana regen a niche for us. Utility is utility, losing it is stupid if we do not have to. That is the bottom line. And if they are dead set on removing mod rods we need more burst for removing our utility. Plain and simple.

Accepting a loss is dumb.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Its true purpose was to be like it is now. So if u want to be like that, we have been exploiting a broken ability. Tables turned huh? Like I said it has viability now, it works still. It is not broken and It was not nerfed it was fixed to work exactly how DA works. The spell data is the same for both. It's been awhile, arguing over an ability that lasts 18 seconds is hilarious.....

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams