Game update

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Game update

Post by Piemastaj »

Conj, EQ should not be dumbed down because morons do not know how to control their pets. Not to mention if you guys were pet tanking that, you should have been suspending your pet to get double buffs out of it. Another mage and myself used to tank him and that is how we did it.

If pet control is a huge issue, the people playing pet classes need to reroll. It is a very simple concept to master.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Can we not shove the spam into another window?
Danille

Post by Danille »

yes but pie has a good point. I asked jen if she could either stop the spam, or at the least give us a way to filter it to "hide"
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Potawatomi wrote:Can we not shove the spam into another window?
You can, but then it sends all pet spam to the same spot. So, you need to constantly look there if you want to make sure the pet is backed off or attacking and such. Normally I have pet commands in my main window, with this change I need to move them.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

If jen cannot make pets announce only when you first toggle them on or off. ......

I really dont mind my own pets spam. Now the the 20 or so guildies's pet spam from then all zoning in at the same time would be annoying.

Show All
Mine
Show None
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Well considering every time we manually click something on, the pet tells us we might be forced to deal with this crap. I would imagine it is programmed to essentially auto click the buttons every time the pet gets summoned or you zone or unsuspend, meaning that if we want the things to auto click then the spam is here to stay.

I can understand when the pet is summoned, but it should not do this for unsuspending. Which is the biggest issue imho.

Again this is probably all or nothing, but you would think there would be a feasible work around.

svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I wasn't referring to you specifically Pie. That said, when there are so many other things to worry about, I find it hard to get worked up over 5 extra lines showing up for either case. I mean it isn't like you are suspending/unsuspending nonstop back to back...normally a whole lot of stuff happens before you do one or the other again. Would I have preferred some other requests had been done first? Sure. But if the change was something that was fairly trivial to do as part of something else that was being done or fixed (because it was after all a bug in the first place), I can see it getting done before some of the other more involved things and/or things that are new features.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Here is what you see, every time you zone. (not just when you push the buttons in)

[Sat Nov 03 07:26:15 2012] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Sat Nov 03 07:26:21 2012] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Nov 03 07:26:34 2012] Fluffy says 'Following you, Master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:26:34 2012] Fluffy says 'Now regrouping, master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:26:34 2012] Taunting attackers as normal, Master.
[Sat Nov 03 07:26:34 2012] Pet greater hold has been set to on.
[Sat Nov 03 07:26:34 2012] Fluffy says 'Now greater holding master. I will only attack something new if ordered.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:26:39 2012] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Nov 03 07:27:08 2012] Fluffy says 'Following you, Master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:27:08 2012] Fluffy says 'Now regrouping, master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:27:08 2012] Taunting attackers as normal, Master.
[Sat Nov 03 07:27:08 2012] Pet greater hold has been set to on.
[Sat Nov 03 07:27:08 2012] Fluffy says 'Now greater holding master. I will only attack something new if ordered.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:08 2012] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:21 2012] Fluffy says 'Following you, Master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:21 2012] Fluffy says 'Now regrouping, master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:21 2012] Taunting attackers as normal, Master.
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:21 2012] Pet greater hold has been set to on.
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:21 2012] Fluffy says 'Now greater holding master. I will only attack something new if ordered.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:26 2012] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:54 2012] Fluffy says 'Following you, Master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:54 2012] Fluffy says 'Now regrouping, master.'
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:54 2012] Taunting attackers as normal, Master.
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:54 2012] Pet greater hold has been set to on.
[Sat Nov 03 07:28:54 2012] Fluffy says 'Now greater holding master. I will only attack something new if ordered.'

Now if it is just spam for my own pet, I will deal with it, (if we have no other choice) but if it is for everyone's pet...thats a whole lotta spam.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Still isn't a big deal to me...we aren't zoning a whole lot really. Most of the time we, and everyone else, sit in one zone for extended periods of time. So in the big picture it is not much spam at all really. Reduce it if possible, sure, but it is at best a mole hill and not a mountain even if everyone sees the message from every pet. Given that I get annoyed easily by spam and this hasn't bothered me in the least, in fact it is so minor I hadn't even noticed it doing it every zone until you all said something, I don't see what the ruckus is over.
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Piemastaj wrote:Conj, EQ should not be dumbed down because morons do not know how to control their pets. Not to mention if you guys were pet tanking that, you should have been suspending your pet to get double buffs out of it. Another mage and myself used to tank him and that is how we did it.

If pet control is a huge issue, the people playing pet classes need to reroll. It is a very simple concept to master.
A tiny bit of spam is better than the lack of persistent settings. It was a bug that should have been fixed. The lag causing people to go LD zoning in and charging the boss needed fixing, too. The lag causing people to sporadically be unable to turn their toons around corners needed fixing, too.

Have they fixed the bug locking out keyboard shortcuts while casting yet?

Which is more annoying, four lines of text spam or having to reset things for every pet you cast? The answer is simple for me. An irritating bug got fixed and people would rather complain...

Sure, shaman and beastlords should know how to control pets. Why shaman even raided with pets... but that was not an excuse to keep a bug for years.