Game update

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Game update

Post by Piemastaj »

Danille wrote:
Piemastaj wrote:So was this the 'yay' thing that happened you could not tell us?
The first of two Yays! :)
So instead of needing to click 2 buttons, now the pet spams u with what it is doing everytime u suspend it or zone with it up. Terribad change.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

It took many months to get this? Seriously?

Savil
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Piemastaj wrote:So instead of needing to click 2 buttons, now the pet spams u with what it is doing everytime u suspend it or zone with it up. Terribad change.
C'mon now, amongst all the other spam that we're submitted to, surely this isn't that big of a deal.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Mintalee wrote:
Piemastaj wrote:So instead of needing to click 2 buttons, now the pet spams u with what it is doing everytime u suspend it or zone with it up. Terribad change.
C'mon now, amongst all the other spam that we're submitted to, surely this isn't that big of a deal.
EDIT: It was a minor upgrade and then having it cause more useless spam made all of that upgrade pointless. I can't believe this is the only way they can get it put into the game.

The entire point of this was a convenience factor of not having to click these things, by making 1 thing more convenient it made another less convenient.

Overall seems like a waste of months of work.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

You guys are too funny. Mahahaha. :mrgreen:

It took months from when Jen, Eldy and I first began discussing it at fan fair 2011 when Eldiroth confirmed that it was indeed a bug and NOT working as intended.

When Eldy (Doug) invisioned Ghold, Focus and Taunt buttons the intent was for them to remain persistent though pet and player death specificly to allow mages and pet classes in general to be more raid friendly.

And we all know that it was and is NOT a huge priority for the class. (Exactly as Pie pointed out.)

I'm sure you all recall it taking literally years to stop pet deaths from zoning, invis, and like when we had to equip armor, jewlery and masks (when they work) upon pet creation versus every friggen time you make a new one. Same deal, for the most part that directly addresses complaints that raids should ban ALL pets due to one or two poorly trained fluffies!
Last edited by Danille on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I think some people just bitch because they didn't get their change through or what they thought should be worked on first done first or done how they envisioned it. No wonder people don't want to participate.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I do not like when developers waste time on changes that conflict with another aspect of gameplay negatively. Whether or not your comment was directed at me Svenalo, this new feature had no bearing on me or many Mages I talk to and play with. However we are now forced to get spammed with 5+ lines of data everytime our pet comes into play.

I had nothing that needed to be worked on from Jchan, and this could have been left off a list imho. I would have much rather seen Jchan try and fix pet HP levels when they are freshly summoned, would seem to me a better use of time. That is just me though.

If they remove the useless spam, perfect change. If it stays it was an unnecessary change imho.

Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Before I retired this was a huge issue for pet users. All the raiding guilds I was in were over-weighted in pet classes. Many players were extremely tired. That, and lag, and it was common for pet hold mistakes because there were so many pet users.

In Underfoot era there was a raid but the name escapes me. A giant elemental in a rock quarry. In our guild, mages pet-tanked the elemental as the raid did the waves of adds. A trivial raid except the zone lagged horribly and it had a zone-wide AE. Any LD when zoning in triggered the event as it caused the person to charge. The same with loose pets. Also, getting into position required hugging the wall which was hard with the lag.

Danille, are shaman and beastlords still clueless on Bristlebane?
Danille

Post by Danille »

Pie,

Good point. I am chatting with Jen about it now.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Conj,

nope! :)