Reluctant Benevolence:

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Reluctant Benevolence:

Post by Piemastaj »

SOE changed this ability so that it is cast on the Necromancer only now, but they can still heal the group. Meaning only they get the proc and only they can heal the group. So once every 4 casts you 'should' get a heal, essentially making this ability horrible compared to how it was.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Reluctant Benevolence:

Post by Sillaen »

Well, that sucks. :(
Zegzag

Post by Zegzag »

Wow, just wow lol what will Sony do next I wonder heh :?
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

It makes sense. A dps class also functioning as the group healer with a single AA was terrible broken
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

This make my necro account much less effective. Will change around a lot of raid strats too.

While a DPS class functioning as a healer might not make sence, we long ago broke away from what should be a class only abilities. I figure RB was just a way of SoE going okay, we know there are less players so we will give you other options to survive our raids/groups. Guess a lot of guilds will be looking to recruit more healing.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Yes, this is a change that should NOT have been done.

Guilds developed rosters and strats around this ability. Plain stupid, they shulda scaled it down.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Only thing I can think of is they are breaking it and releasing soemthing new for next expansion. If they don't content for next expnaion may have to change quite a bit if it is as AE heavy as this one.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

Well, good thing they did this before RoF beta. Now they won't tune mobs around it