Divine Companion Aura:

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Divine Companion Aura:

Post by Piemastaj »

This ability makes the pets lose aggro exactly how a normal DA would work. The pets aggro becomes 1 and anything that touches the mob after DA hits, the mob will attack the player. So it can be used for pulling something that might do bad stuffs to your pet, but any kind of situation where your burning a mob and then use DCA it will be bad news.

I have PMed Elidroth to change our DCA to a possible Weaponshield thing, but that will not happen for at least a month if he is willing to change it.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Divine Companion Aura:

Post by Sillaen »

I don't like that at all. No sir.

Edit: I meant the nerf, not the WS part. That's a good idea.
Last edited by Sillaen on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

The change will be much better if we can get a Weaponshield in exchange.

Our pets get a lot of bad press because of the way DA used to work, it allowed much easier tanking in the raid game then a PC tank would have.

This change is far better then a pet nerf we probably would have gotten had they not fixed DA.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote:The change will be much better if we can get a Weaponshield in exchange.

Our pets get a lot of bad press because of the way DA used to work, it allowed much easier tanking in the raid game then a PC tank would have.

This change is far better then a pet nerf we probably would have gotten had they not fixed DA.
I agree, if we can get it changed.

Like a said a while back, I support the DA fix (I don't consider that a nerf), but separate it from DCA and leave DCA alone, or like your idea change it to a WS like ability.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sillaen wrote:
Piemastaj wrote:The change will be much better if we can get a Weaponshield in exchange.

I agree, if we can get it changed.

Like a said a while back, I support the DA fix (I don't consider that a nerf), but separate it from DCA and leave DCA alone, or like your idea change it to a WS like ability.
Obviously Elidroth wanted us to have a small period of time of no incoming DMG, so it should not be an issue hopefully.

Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Man that sucks. Was a great raid utility aa. I cant count the times my pet has helped the raid by tanking with that. I hope the WS idea goes thru.
yaladilae
Magician

Post by yaladilae »

how to pull with DCA? Pop DCA on, send pet to pull. Pet refuse to attack and stand there?

You pull with malo, send pet, pop DCA on, aggro reset to 1, mob hits you?

And I love the weaponshield idea, only thing to note is, weaponshield only blocks frontal attacks i believe. Not saying if its good or bad
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

Yet another useful AA thats now basically useless. Can't remember what AA got the shaft but i am willing to bet there are many. Only raid where some guilds have pet tank is Fumerak and this AA don't work anyway so don't matter. Only other raid pet can end up tanking is sep 4 and thats only cus ppl fail emotes and ppl die leaving only pets alive on boss.

Grp game gonna suffer alot more than raid game with this nerf i think.
Danille

Post by Danille »

at least all the SK's Pallies, and Warriors who had pet envy are happy now! :roll:
yaladilae
Magician

Post by yaladilae »

Danille wrote:at least all the SK's Pallies, and Warriors who had pet envy are happy now! :roll:
No they are not, until one day when basic cloth armor, no aug and 100 aa would make them more tanky then our pet, they will never stop complaining

i think those people are ridiculous. They fail in so many aspect.
Last edited by yaladilae on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.