Please /bug this ingame

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Danille

Please /bug this ingame

Post by Danille »

Please log into the game and type up the following /bug report. (as per Eldiroth)

The GHold button in the pet commands window is supposed to stay toggled on when pressed and persistant through both pet/player deaths. Presently it resets when a new pet is created. Please correct this as it is a confirmed bug by Eldiroth.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Please /bug this ingame

Post by svenalo »

I don't think it's only the ghold one that's bugged - didn't he say all the buttons should keep their state?
Danille

Post by Danille »

svenalo wrote:I don't think it's only the ghold one that's bugged - didn't he say all the buttons should keep their state?
Certaintly not all buttons as that would include:

Attack
Leave
Guard
Stop
Leader

You are correct though that it would be nice of they fixed all the important ones. Since its been over a month since /bug ing them fixed, perhaps trying to get just one fixed can make is happen?
I can deal with some of the other ones resetting, but the one that causes all the grief is the Ghold one.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I forgot there were some "one shot" type buttons like attack and stop on there too...the one's that should retain state are the "toggle" type like ghold, focus, and taunt.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

When reloading your UI ingame, the state of the buttons becomes desynced with the server, too. Everything is backwards.
zurfinator

Post by zurfinator »

What about the "pet focus" ? It needs to be set every time a new pet is created. Would be also nice to have a few "default" settings...
Danille

Post by Danille »

I have been conversing with Bembaru in PM's and quite certain that those changes to both Focus and Ghold will make it into an upcoming patch.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Pet taunt defaults to off with a new pet even if on before, the same is true for pet focus as well as ghold. The default for pet taunt should always be on. Koz had that changed and it is the worst change ever. If you raid your pet won't take aggro even with it on if a tank is on the mob, giving you plenty of time to turn it off. That is not true if you solo or group using a pet to tank or off tank.

I have been doing progression and when needed to chain a pet, this is causing major issues. Raiders (and I am one), need to suck it up and ask for taunt on as a default. You have time to change it, if soloing you don't as every second counts. Bug this as well.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Calebe wrote:Pet taunt defaults to off with a new pet even if on before, the same is true for pet focus as well as ghold. The default for pet taunt should always be on. Koz had that changed and it is the worst change ever. If you raid your pet won't take aggro even with it on if a tank is on the mob, giving you plenty of time to turn it off. That is not true if you solo or group using a pet to tank or off tank.

I have been doing progression and when needed to chain a pet, this is causing major issues. Raiders (and I am one), need to suck it up and ask for taunt on as a default. You have time to change it, if soloing you don't as every second counts. Bug this as well.

Calebe
I have noticed the same problem. Currently, I have a social that turns all that junk on just for that reason--it's a workaround only.
Danille

Post by Danille »

The solution is to allow all mages to toggle on or off anything they please. That is the only way to accomidate such a diverse group of players. Many mages perfer their pet commands to be totally different for situation specific reasons for example: Most perfer Ghold to be OFF when soloing but ON when raiding.