Veil of Alaris - Next Expansion Everquest Fan Faire Begins

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: Veil of Alaris - Fan Faire 2011 Begins

Post by qibrme »

svenalo wrote:
We also need to avoid as much as possible any kind of infighting otherwise the devs are likely to just ignore us and do as they see fit without our input. .
Agree with Svenalo 10,000%
Lets shock the DEV’s and act professionally by leaving out the personal attacks, stating our differences with respect and constructive reasoning, then after debating a subject, supporting our Community Rep in Her/His presentation to the DEV’s.

Sued…

Piemastaj wrote:Beta mages need to hit the test dummies from the word go though. We need parses from 40 seconds all the way up to around 2minutes. Multiple of each aswell to factor in the RNG aswell, b/c 1 parse culd have us at 80k, the next at 50k. Once you have a good amount send them off to Eli probably or have the new roundtable member we get ( Piestro mentioned just about every class would be represented) send off your parse. I would stray away from posting them on the boards probably, we got just about 0 work done from the posts on boards last beta and had the 2 longest threads.

We have a lot of work to do, so we need any1 and everyone helping out with parses and such to get us into a nice burst/sustained zone.
Piemastaj, please forgive me if I am reading your suggestion wrong.
Are you talking about not posting on the Mage Tower boards or on the BETA forum boards?
We all understand that the NDA prohibits posting outside of the BETA boards, but information sharing is the fundamental basis for trust as well as getting the constructive feedback from other BETA mages.
Would hate to see another situation where the majority of BETA mages go through to launch with little or no info only to hear after launch that one or a very few magicians had the DEV's ears and worked things out without involving the others.
I do believe that the Community Rep should be the single voice representing us to the DEV's so as not to send mixed signals, but the information presented to SoE should not be a surprise to the mage BETA community and when the NDA is lifted, all the mages should be able to say WE gave it all WE had and came away with the best WE could get.

Sued…
Last edited by qibrme on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danille

Post by Danille »

my suggestion would be for every mage possible to get into beta. then there wont be a communication problem due to NDA as everyone will have access to the beta boards
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I nowhere said be secratve. I said those forums got us NOWHERE in beta. So obviously we need to tell the devs personally to actually get things done. How you fished secrative out of that is odd. Nowhere did I mention not talking about it. And Tuli talked them towards his motives, I cant believe u drew from me saying send parses to the devs that I would do that. SRSLY reading comprehention....

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Taking part of a quote and running with it is fishing. I said send the devs PARSES, let me say it again, PARSES so they actually see how we are hurting. I did not say don't share info, I said the boards got us NOWHERE so we need a different approach and talk directly to the devs.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Piemastaj wrote:Taking part of a quote and running with it is fishing. I said send the devs PARSES, let me say it again, PARSES so they actually see how we are hurting. I did not say don't share info, I said the boards got us NOWHERE so we need a different approach and talk directly to the devs.
Okay Piemastaj, thanks for clarifying your intent and I apologize for any offense.. none was intended on my part.

This is just a sensitive subject.

Sued...
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Danille wrote:my suggestion would be for every mage possible to get into beta. then there wont be a communication problem due to NDA as everyone will have access to the beta boards
Agree with you Danille.
I sign up every year but rarely get in while a difference can be made ...
Normally get let in during the last few days after all the decisions have been taken.

Still you are right, the more of us that get in the better.

Sued...
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Regarding beta: I hope they tune pets well before design lock this year, so mages can see where they really stand.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

dorfillya wrote:Regarding beta: I hope they tune pets well before design lock this year, so mages can see where they really stand.
Agree this is something to push for early on in BETA, however referring back to old discussions on the percentage of DPS from nukes vs percentage from pets:

If BETA mages hit the test dummies and find total DPS severly lacking, don't count on pets making up the difference if we are more than say 3k DPS behind where we think we should end up at VoA launch, because i don't think we can realistically expect more than about 3k more increase in pet DPS over the current HoT stats.

Sued...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

qibrme wrote: I sign up every year but rarely get in while a difference can be made ...
Normally get let in during the last few days after all the decisions have been taken.

Still you are right, the more of us that get in the better.

Sued...
People think this every year. Input is gleaned until the boards drop and sometimes after that. If you are one of the unfortunate ones to get in last minute, just work double time to test and, at the very least, find out where the mage concerns are and add your voice. The more voices about an issue the more they'll listen. Also, you never know what bug or issue the rest of the community may have missed.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Thanks for the updates from FF Danille :)