Veil of Alaris - Next Expansion Everquest Fan Faire Begins

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Veil of Alaris - Fan Faire 2011 Begins

Post by svenalo »

Any info on the key fob thingie?
Danille

Post by Danille »

svenalo wrote:Any info on the key fob thingie?
This?

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=177556
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: Fan Faire Begins

Post by qibrme »

Piemastaj wrote:I will say it again, I think we need to let HoT go. If anyone is talking to the devs or whatever I would just focus on next expansion. Because like Vora said we will roughly have 1 more month to get fixes in before beta is starting. Let the beta mages work their magic and take care of biniss /nod.
I agree with Pie on this one.
HoT is lost to us.
The much hyped "FIX" we had a couple of months ago proves it.
It is hard to see where the DEV's are really going to focus on tweaking our DPS into the Goldilocks zone at this point.

BETA mages holding the DEV's to their promise to close the DPS gap and put us in the Goldilocks zone: below Wizards but ahead of Necros for burst DPS and below Necros but ahead of Wizards for sustained DPS is where we should focus our lobbying efforts, as in best bang for the buck.

I hope I am not reading too much into the above statement -- that is the promise for our DPS standing at launch of VoA, am I correct?
Just wanted to spell out what I consider our Goldilocks zone.

Sued...
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Sounds correct based on what was reported.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

The trouble with determining DPS during beta is that no one does a full raid (i.e. the whole raid itself) very often, if at all. Also, the very best gear isn't available off the bat because they do it in stages. Just like with HoT, we knew we weren't there but we didn't know just how far from "there" we were (it was way farther than we thought). Finally, we just don't have someone who can look at all classes, their skills, aa's, discs, etc. and know exactly how it's all gonna fit together. The two best courses of action are: 1) during beta just keep pushing for higher and higher dmg/dps numbers regardless of whether they "look good/right" or not and 2) early reports and parsing after launch to stay on top of things in case we notice we are behind right out of the gate.

The beta mages can parse all they want on dummies but if we got a 50% increase and that looks good, we still don't know if the other classes all got a 100% boost.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

The issue in HoT beta was they didn't fully do our pets up until the day it locked. So, we could NEVER see our full potential in beta. It was also impossible to guess what pets would do aswell.

The thing we have now is a base area to go for though. I have hit 45k w/o a glyph or 7th only bard/enc. I am not full T4 gear and lack EM 13. With a glyph/7th and bard/enc 50k is probably a possibility in HoT. That is only roughly 10 to 20k behind the high-end DPS chars. I am assuming 90k wont be out of the realm of possibility for next expan with the level increase and such. This is all dependent on how they factor in NF and Aria along with the possible lacking upgrades rangers will receive though.

Beta mages need to hit the test dummies from the word go though. The best burn fight in HoT is roughly 40 to 60 seconds depending on ur guilds DPS. We need parses from 40 seconds all the way up to around 2minutes. Multiple of each aswell to factor in the RNG aswell, b/c 1 parse culd have us at 80k, the next at 50k. Once you have a good amount send them off to Eli probably or have the new roundtable member we get ( Piestro mentioned just about every class would be represented) send off your parse. I would stray away from posting them on the boards probably, we got just about 0 work done from the posts on boards last beta and had the 2 longest threads.

We have a lot of work to do, so we need any1 and everyone helping out with parses and such to get us into a nice burst/sustained zone.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

We also need to avoid as much as possible any kind of infighting otherwise the devs are likely to just ignore us and do as they see fit without our input.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, I'll add, we also need to not let Aristo slack on spells. We need to be on him constantly until he answers us. I won't be accepting silence from any dev if I make it into beta this time.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I strongly disagree with:

I would stray away from posting them on the boards probably, we got just about 0 work done from the posts on boards last beta and had the 2 longest threads.

One of the major complaints during Beta was Tulison totally ignoring the boards and doing as he pleased. Now Pie your suggesting the same thing with parses? If you can PM them to a dev post them in the beta boards. We all need to see what we are doing. It does no good if you get (just using numbers) 50K DPS and the rest show 40k or less. It does no good people talking in the spell or aa forum and numbers are hidden from us so we can't make an informed discussion based on information the devs have and others lack. If you out parse then say the weave, what was used to see if it is a fluke or repeatable by others and of course the mob you got it on.

Honestly to be secretive and not share we will do what Tulison did in the last beta and is one of the main things we hated the most. He talked after it was all said and done, and that helps no one. Don't suggest it for this beta or nothing will be done, contrary to what you are suggesting.

Open and free flow of communication is needed, and the devs do post but if they get a PM and you post it on beta forum there is no well I told you in a PM and they said well I get so many, but I read the board and didn't see it.

If you PM it (unless confidential of course), then post it. We need more information, not less. We need to be open, and not seen as hiding anything. We need everyone to know what is going on or if you don't, you may as well rename your toon as Tulison Jr. because you will be as guilty as he was saying I was talking to the devs I just was keeping you all clueless.

That will not fly, should not fly, and no one should support it. Sorry Pie I disagree strongly with the do not post it. PM it, post it, and then no matter what is said we can say. We saw the issues, we PM'd them, it was posted on Beta boards for all to see, and it was fixed or not, but nothing was hidden. We all knew, we tried, we either got it fixed or not, but there would be no doubt at all we tried, and did it vocally.

Calebe
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Will add this as Voragath said:

Well, I'll add, we also need to not let Aristo slack on spells. We need to be on him constantly until he answers us. I won't be accepting silence from any dev if I make it into beta this time.

We should except silence not from the devs or each other. Post often and with what is right, what is wrong and how to improve it, and of course things we would like to see added.

Calebe