New AA Request From Eli

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: New AA Request From Eli

Post by Malleria »

They won't give us a mount, so why bother asking, seriously? Much higher chance of getting twin RS than a mount at this point.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I can live with the list you posted.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

My opinion:

--AA to summon +100 mana + 100 hit points food/water 20 of each per cast. Mage only. Stat food buyable in SoE stores and mages always made food/water about time we make some of the bets but for us only so as not to be hit up for it all the time.

That one needs to go or be reduced. It's not fair to tradeskillers who actually put in the time, effort, and resources to have a class be able to summon something nearly as good or better for free. Plus it's only 200 HP/Mana combined. I don't think we need to spend developer time looking at that.

--An AA that lets us lifeburn our pet so to speak. Does X DMG to fluffy, doubles that amount and nukes the mob.

I'm also mostly against this one. Not entirely, but mostly. Unless we can nuke our pet for like 30K and get a 60K nuke out of it I don't want it. I somehow doubt the devs would let that fly though.

The rest of the list I'm good with.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

If the mage stat food is mage only there is no real harm to trade skillers. At the moment you can pay real money and get stat food all you want. So if Soe can sell it, we should be able to summon better.

Remember SoE said:

We will NOT sell power. Stat food is Power of a sort. So let us summon it and be mage only. We can make some stat food from cauldron so it isn't something new just better.

Anyway I would like it kept in and if they say no, so be it, they can sell it for real cash as I am sure they will. Just lets not limit us so SoE can make more Smed bucks.

Calebe
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Merlaina wrote:My opinion:

--An AA that lets us lifeburn our pet so to speak. Does X DMG to fluffy, doubles that amount and nukes the mob.

I'm also mostly against this one. Not entirely, but mostly. Unless we can nuke our pet for like 30K and get a 60K nuke out of it I don't want it. I somehow doubt the devs would let that fly though.

I kinda stayed out of the whole kill pet debate on purpose, but can't resist commenting on the likelihood of getting an AA to use a pet (non-specific pet type or pet level or pet focus) which the magician could cause damage to the pet which would then translate into damage to the pet's target.

I summon a pet and command /pet attack MOB-XXX.
My dutiful pet targets and attacks the mob at which point i use my AA to reduce my pet's HP's or even sacrifice/kill the pet.

To make this ability worth while IMO the AA would be structured to be insta-cast with no refresh timer having the resulting damage to the mob being irresistible, and significant such as the 60k nuke suggested above.

Soooo, although i know this would never occur to anyone playing a magician in EQ, but I would put summon pet in my burn weave simply because with a 4 second cast time and guaranteed 60k nuke, which is more DPS than my pet can put out, I would make and kill a pet every time the spell icon refreshes then cast RS, Spear, Many, Bolt, along with summon pet.

With a mana cost of 400 mana, it will definitely fix our sustained burn issues and give us a nice DPS boost while allowing us to keep our raid buffed water pet suspended for the sake of nostalgia.

Ya I can see this happening really soon, but not before all the troops are out of Afghanistan.

Sued...
Last edited by qibrme on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I really don't see a point to lifeburn, really. The amount you'll get from it is like a free bolt or spear every so often. I hope everyone realizes this will be expected to be a part of our dps. The amount is far too small and even at 50% pet health, for about 50k in damage runs the risk of killing the pet. It would really get to the point of timing it with PR or constantly healing your pet. In groups, sure, you could do this but you wouldn't be able to pet tank. Then, after your tank dies, you WILL be next and you'll have no way to stop the death because you'll be dead in less than 3 seconds.

I'll put it on the list with a note saying the community has reservations about it's efficacy and desire so to put it at the bottom of the pile for aa suggestions. If more people speak against this aa, I'll nuke it from the list.

For stat food, I'll put a note not to make it better than TS stat food.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

First off, you wouldn't time it with PR you would time it with Replenish.

Second, it wasn't meant as anything more then a bridge b/t the two-sides. 1 of which wanted to not kill the pet but wanted DPS, the other wanted to kill the pet for DPS. It solved both issues. Trust me, necros aren't balanced around Lifeburn either so that isn't true. Sued, I don't even want to reply to your post for fear of being too mean.

As for the stat food, we need to scrap it. Unless we are getting spell dmg on the food, because right now the loyalty food has 4 spell dmg on it and heroic int. I will NEVER use that food plain and simple, and niether should anyother mage who is concerned about doing DPS.

AA to reduce silent cast should not be high if there at all.

AA for grp CoH should also be gone, I really don't want to be expected to run to the grp spot in the end-zone and bring my group with me.

Gate to pet, shouldn't be high on the list. Moderately useful at best imho.

Mount is really not needed.

AA invis stone should not be AA, it needs to be in spell form. AA is not meant for stuff like this imho.

I am not seeing this orange stuff or your list Vora, but make sure you scrap my PD idea for 4th and add on the crit increasing idea I put forward.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Having the loyalty food be better for us is a bit unfair imho. I'll put in there to have SD and HInt put on it.

Eli did make a quote once to the rogues that if you can dps with something, why shouldn't it be considered dps? The issue centered around Ngreth saying raid poisons would not be factored into rogue dps because it is a TS item and not a common thing. Then Eli comes by and says, nope, sorry, I'm gonna count it. I did a search because I know who responded to it (they are in my guild and have a very low post count) and it's gone so I can't prove it. This isn't an argument against the ability, just saying it very well could go into dps calcs later.

Will be making the PM soon(TM'd by SoE) and post it here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:I want to rescind my idea for 4th spire to be like the wizzy AA PD.

Instead I think we should push for an AA that increases our crit dmg modifier, similar to wizzy second spire. Their second spire gives a 150% increase on all of their crits. That would be a lot better then just upping our crit chance because we already don't do as much with the crits we already have.

An AA that gives our critical spells a 125% increase. 15ish min repop on it would be ideal.
According to Lucy/Alla and Raidloot, our 1st spire inc nuke chance by 15, 18, and 21 and wizard 1st spire inc nuke chance by 10, 12, and 14.

Are you asking for our 4th spire to be EVEN MORE to put us at max wizard crit chance? This is why I left it at PD style b/c our spire is better than theirs.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Poisons are very different though, thye have the ability to proc 10+ times on a mob, and should absolutely be taken into account. Something that does say 60k every 15mins can't even really balance us around, that is far too low and a too high of a recast.

Now if it was like rogue poisons, where you can use it 10+ times on a mob we shuld be balanced around it. But those poisons will do hundreds of thousands of dmg not 60k.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams