New AA Request From Eli

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: New AA Request From Eli

Post by Voragath »

qibrme wrote:While i can't think of very many applications for "AA to gate to pet."

I think an AA to gate to a group member has TONS of useful applications.

Sued...
Eli will not do this. He has specifically stated he will no longer entertain the idea of a "reverse CoH". Basically, he will no longer discuss it.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I want to rescind my idea for 4th spire to be like the wizzy AA PD.

Instead I think we should push for an AA that increases our crit dmg modifier, similar to wizzy second spire. Their second spire gives a 150% increase on all of their crits. That would be a lot better then just upping our crit chance because we already don't do as much with the crits we already have.

An AA that gives our critical spells a 125% increase. 15ish min repop on it would be ideal.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Sillaen wrote:
svenalo wrote:I am opposed to anything that requires killing or damaging the pet to get effect XYZ except maybe that 500k damage bomb thing (but realistically we know they would never give us a 500k damage bomb thing). Our pet is our life blood...damaging the pet should be an abhorent idea to all of us.
The reason I suggested this was because typically, the pet you are walking around with is not the pet you are using for DPS on a raid. You have that pet safely suspended until you are ready. If you are going to kill your pet anyway to unsuspend another, you might as well get some use out of it 1st.
500K dmg might sound like a lot, but with the 45 sec duration, it's only about 11K dps + whatever your pet adds prior to exploding on target.
I disagree and stand by my original statement. If I am killing my pet to unsuspend another, it is not something I do in the middle of a fight - it is something I do before one even starts, or right after one ends. And if you say "well blow it up right at the end" that isn't going to translate to any DPS much at all then now will it. Basically all you have here is a idea that is largely fluff and will offer no real benefit, but put into the minds of the devs that we don't mind if we get effects that damage the pet. So a big emphatic NO.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Voragath wrote:
qibrme wrote:While i can't think of very many applications for "AA to gate to pet."

I think an AA to gate to a group member has TONS of useful applications.

Sued...
Eli will not do this. He has specifically stated he will no longer entertain the idea of a "reverse CoH". Basically, he will no longer discuss it.
Well
[quote="Elidroth wrote:"

"Crit Chance likely is never going to be upgraded again." [/quote]

So i guess we don't bother asking for crit upgrades either ... or do we?

Sued...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

That crit chance bit wasn't to just us, it was to all classes. What I quoted Eli saying was his message to all classes. So, the overall max for crits (whoever's highest) is the highest it's ever going to get.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

It's more likely he was talking about passive crit chance. A lot of classes are able to hit 100% crit rate now with activated's, so realistically adding more activated's for crit chance won't do much except alter the order activated's are used.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

How about an AA that for 2 minutes reduces the global recast time by 1 second? Or even just .5 seconds.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Okay, I made changes to the list. Most noticeable is the orange highlights (sorry if this makes the list difficult to read on some backgrounds) so that you can quickly scan the list and see what aa's are brand new, requiring the most code time, and those that affect current aa's, requiring the least code time.

We need to pare down the list, if possible. I think it is fine in length because there really aren't that many new aa's. So, post if you think something absolutely is a waste of time but we will need agreement. Don't make a post relisting every aa and it's merits. If you think it should go, say so, and it will be assumed that the rest are ok. If only ONE person says nay to an aa, it'll stay in. WE NEED CONSENSUS. Also, just because it's fluff does not make it worthless.

Now, that's out of the way. I will be making, and posting, a formalized pm with the list I plan to send to Eli. I will make and post this sometime around 7pm eastern standard on Thursday. I will be sending the PM around 8:45am eastern on Friday. I know the window is narrow but I haven't seen much opposition to the list yet and ideas have slowed down. If I don't hear any complaints about the planned PM, I'll send it as posted on the forums (any last minute adjustments will be posted) after it's sent.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

The pegasus mount kept bugging me and I finally remembered why. The pallies were discussing a change in mount once and the pegasus came up. Basically, thanks to the wings, a Pegasus mount can't be used for players. I love the lore aspect of it but we'll need another magely model to ask for.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Voragath wrote:The pegasus mount kept bugging me and I finally remembered why. The pallies were discussing a change in mount once and the pegasus came up. Basically, thanks to the wings, a Pegasus mount can't be used for players. I love the lore aspect of it but we'll need another magely model to ask for.
How about a mage (in a sitting position) floating on top of 9 tiny air elementals? (the models would use existing in game graphics, swarmers although all air, and the mage in a sitting position) It would be a take off of a flying carpet. If you could not do it with the mage sitting, then standing would work fine too.