managing spammers

News, suggestions or comments relating to the website.
Forum rules
Please only use this area for posting suggestions or comments about the website. Thanks!
Danille

managing spammers

Post by Danille »

The spam issue is a fraction of what it was in the past but is till a bit irritating. We have like 2-3 left that pop up weekly. It appears that we have for the most part defeated the spam bots. If there is an app that allows us to 1) remove a post, 2) ban a user name and 3) ban an IP address all in one shot it would be wonderful. Currently it takes three seperate actions for each post. perhaps banning a person would remove all posts made by that person in the past 24 hours?
Jedis
Administrator

Re: managing spammers

Post by Jedis »

I'll have to look for a mod that can do this. I haven't yet because I need ftp access to the server to upload mods and to update the forums.
Waylor

Post by Waylor »

http://lithiumstudios.org/forum/viewtop ... f=31&t=941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

I did manage to get access to the server. I am just waiting on a password issue to get resolved. First order of business will be to upgrade to the latest version of the forum software, then I can take a look at adding mods.

The amount of junk usernames that are created is astronomical. They make an account (the spammers), but never post.