Sympathetic Items/augs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: Sympathetic Items/augs

Post by Malleria »

I have lightning V and VI in my primary and they definitely both go off. I haven't noticed them both going off together because well, it doesn't give a cast message when they do, and the spam goes by so fast I can't tell :P But they definitely both have a chance to trigger.
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

There a list of these somewhere?
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

what kind of options do we have for secondary/range slot 4 items? assuming you want to ditch shield for a secondary :/
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

jack96jill wrote:what kind of options do we have for secondary/range slot 4 items? assuming you want to ditch shield for a secondary :/
This is from the boomerang game vendor (gold). Has a type 4 slot and can equip in secondary.

Splendid Orb of the Magus*
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Evolving: Level 3/5
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 26
DMG: 61 Dmg Bonus: 20 AC: 28
STR: +14+2 DEX: +29 STA: +28+3 CHA: +22+3 WIS: +14 INT: +28+3 AGI: +29+3 HP: +715 MANA: +775 ENDUR: +775
SV FIRE: +30 SV DISEASE: +32 SV COLD: +30 SV MAGIC: +32 SV POISON: +31
Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +4 Stun Resist: +1% DoT Shielding: +1% HP Regen: +3 Mana Regeneration: +3 Damage Shield: +1 Clairvoyance: 9 Spell Dmg: 5 Heal Amount: 4
Recommended level of 85. Required level of 80.
Focus: Sympathetic Minion
WT: 1.6 Size: MEDIUM
Class: MAG
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM DRK
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)

* this is evolving item, level 3/5
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

If it's a weapon you won't be able to equip it in secondary, just an oversight by item dev's i suppose. The only non-weapons I can think of atm, that have a slot 4, are cleric epics.

As for a list, the best I can think of would be lucy (and check the items with effects):

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spelllist.ht ... ympathetic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-nako/saryrn
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Malleria wrote:I have lightning V and VI in my primary and they definitely both go off. I haven't noticed them both going off together because well, it doesn't give a cast message when they do, and the spam goes by so fast I can't tell :P But they definitely both have a chance to trigger.
To further illuminate this point, I actually got lucky and captured a screenshot where BOTH sympathetic damage augs i've equipped fired on the same Bolt spell.

**i'd really, really like to see a cast message when these fire, simply so I can figure out how often they actually are going off, and for what kind of DPS over the course of time. My parser (GamParse 1.0.2) doesn't seem to pick these up (not sure if the updated version will, haven't installed it yet).

Raneern
With limited data (over an hour) it was looking more like 3 procs while engaged per minute. The lightning proc Lvl 6 appears to average around 350 damage (inclusive of crits). I think plus spell damage comes into play in determining what it hits for.
I've got 253 spell damage and see the lightning and fire VI hits for 288 normally, and 777 as max crit (when i actually can see the results). Maybe i've been lucky, or you've were unlucky, but i'd estimate i'm getting more like 4.5 procs per minute. Again, tough to tell, and I do have a limited sourced amount of data, but i'd certainly recommend these to DPS casters.

**one other question now arises; would firing nukes when you've activated twincast double the potential chance for a sympathetic proc to fire? I'd assume the answer would be yes, but have no real way of knowing.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

My alt wizzy has a Fire VI aug on his 1.5, only sympathetic aug he has, and I've occasionally seen it go off twice from one spell. I haven't seen this on the mage, maybe just because there's so much more spam, but I probably would have noticed it. I'm 100% positive I've seen a spell + sympathetic proc + sympathetic proc + fire dd pot (on a non-twincast). Also interesting to note is that the sympathetic fire is affected by Fury of Ro AA (adds fire damage to fire spells) so for the 8 minutes that it's active, the 250dd does 750dd (rank3) and crits for 2.5kish. It does not affect dd pots though. The pots alone are very, very nice on a wizzy in sustained mode (wildmagic, chaos combustion, flashflames weave).

-nako/saryrn
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Redius wrote:To further illuminate this point, I actually got lucky and captured a screenshot where BOTH sympathetic damage augs i've equipped fired on the same Bolt spell.
**one other question now arises; would firing nukes when you've activated twincast double the potential chance for a sympathetic proc to fire? I'd assume the answer would be yes, but have no real way of knowing.
Yes, procs from twincast spells do not appear to count toward the limited procrate.

And, I've been testing these a fair amount and have never seen 2 sympathetic procs from one non-twincast spell. Are you sure it wasn't something else? Like, say Fickle giving the proc after it lands, and Bolt giving the proc before it lands, leading to the illusion of 2 procs from the Fickle cast?
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

wire wrote:
Redius wrote:To further illuminate this point, I actually got lucky and captured a screenshot where BOTH sympathetic damage augs i've equipped fired on the same Bolt spell.
Yes, procs from twincast spells do not appear to count toward the limited procrate.

And, I've been testing these a fair amount and have never seen 2 sympathetic procs from one non-twincast spell. Are you sure it wasn't something else? Like, say Fickle giving the proc after it lands, and Bolt giving the proc before it lands, leading to the illusion of 2 procs from the Fickle cast?

I'm am sure of absolutely nothing. I'm not at my computer with EQ on it atm, but will post the SS later (if i remember)
scrat

Post by scrat »

I'm wondering how many of you are using the +225 mana sympathetic aug? This seems to be the most powerful sympathetic effect since you can convert the mana into damage at a what, 7-10:1 rate pretty easy? At 10 casts per minute using this aug should boost mana regen effectively by 67/tick?

Anyways, just curious how many of you are using it & if you like it.