Sympathetic Items/augs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: Sympathetic Items/augs

Post by Malleria »

To change the subject for a second.. can anyone give me a location or ph they know can spawn Fungalshock in Fungal Forest? He drops that wonderful Sympathetic Alleviation 7 aug, and I'd love to camp one. I just have no idea which sporali to clear, there's a hell of a lot.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Rasper's map for Fungal has the proper spot for it marked.
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

Can someone who has both the Alleviation VI and the Alleviation VII aug confirm wether both can proc if equipped, or only the higher one.
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

I can confirm that symp alleviation 1 and 6 can both proc at the same time, I have ebon crook with the boomerang aug equipped in it, and when you put 'you feel refreshed' in your gamtexttrigger, they can both trigger on a single cast. With another friend or 2 tier 8 qualified, I hope to get the fungalshock aug soonish :)
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Malleria wrote:To change the subject for a second.. can anyone give me a location or ph they know can spawn Fungalshock in Fungal Forest? He drops that wonderful Sympathetic Alleviation 7 aug, and I'd love to camp one. I just have no idea which sporali to clear, there's a hell of a lot.
Fungalshock can spawn in several different spots where static sporali fungalists spawn. I have seen him in at least 3 different spots. Invis and go look around the marked spot for fungalshock, and you will see 4-5 spots that have static sporali fungalists, and seem to always spawn fungalists, if not the named. All are close to the spot marked on rasper's maps, but it is definately more than one single spot. At that same camp, I noticed that Sporeflame does the same thing, except using the sporefire (I think thats the right name?) mobs. Gore in that zone (Fungal Forest) also follows the same pattern.

I can verify that having both alleviation 6 and alleviation 7 seem to give roughly twice the procs as equipping only one of those. I have not timed it or parsed it, (I did make an audio trigger to check the procs during fights) but with both equipped I am seeing about 8-10 procs a minute.
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

Finally got Transcendent Fungus last night. I have an Ebon Crook with Urgak's Soothing Stone, and Frosted Buckler with Transcendent Fungus and did a real quick test in Arena on an 85 test dummy... 50 casts of bolt/fickle just as soon as each refreshed...

Used gamtexttrigger to count the number of procs of "you feel refreshed" which is the visual any time any of the procs fires.

with Ebon Crook and Urgak's Stone only -- 16 procs out of 50 casts

with shield and Transcendent Fungus only -- 23 procs out of 50 casts

with all 3 procs equipped -- 29 procs out of 50 casts

Unlike last time I checked, I only once got 2 triggers on a single cast, and am guessing it was probably from an AA twincast.

So, my guess is, it checks all 3, but only fires the highest proc, and that the higher the proc, the higher the proc rate, too, it seems...
Crysalis

Post by Crysalis »

The weapon proc is 'You feel better' not 'You feel refreshed' as seen here http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?i ... ource=Live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

Well, I can't say for live servers, and I don't believe Lucy works on Test Server, but I can definitely say for sure, that it is "You feel refreshed" on Test.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

nylrem wrote:Finally got Transcendent Fungus last night. I have an Ebon Crook with Urgak's Soothing Stone, and Frosted Buckler with Transcendent Fungus and did a real quick test in Arena on an 85 test dummy... 50 casts of bolt/fickle just as soon as each refreshed...

Used gamtexttrigger to count the number of procs of "you feel refreshed" which is the visual any time any of the procs fires.

with Ebon Crook and Urgak's Stone only -- 16 procs out of 50 casts

with shield and Transcendent Fungus only -- 23 procs out of 50 casts

with all 3 procs equipped -- 29 procs out of 50 casts

Unlike last time I checked, I only once got 2 triggers on a single cast, and am guessing it was probably from an AA twincast.

So, my guess is, it checks all 3, but only fires the highest proc, and that the higher the proc, the higher the proc rate, too, it seems...
50 casts is a very small sample. Even still, the number looks to be around 20 out of 50 if you ran it a few thousand times. More importantly, what was the time? How long was your test because it could have a time cap just like the melee augs. That is, you can only get so many procs per minute regardless of how many casts you make.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Crysalis wrote:The weapon proc is 'You feel better' not 'You feel refreshed' as seen here http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?i ... ource=Live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Most primaries use Agreeable Alleviation (I - IV) while the augs always use Sympathetic Alleviation (V - IX) for whatever retarded reason. Those effects have different proc messages. One is "You feel better" the other is "You feel refreshed". You need to look for both.