Mage alliance spell

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Candaan

Mage alliance spell

Post by Candaan »

We're using mage alliance very successfully on raids and groups.

We use a couple GINA triggers with a timer bar to cue the next mage to cast.

One thing I've learned from experimenting on a combat dummy, is the fulmination emote on the alliance procing is range dependent. You need to be near mob to see the emote. That is why we are using a timer trigger in addition to a GINA trigger if you don't get the spell proc emote.

If you get a fulmination GINA trigger on the spell procing, the next mage cast immediately, but if we're standing back, and don't register the proc, the next mage cast when the timer bar expires. Also, if an excessive time has expired, and the next mage didn't cast (ie dead, oom) then the following mage casts alliance.

Mages do not need to be in the same group or raid for the alliance to work. They can be solo ungrouped mages casting the nukes on the mob.

I sometimes get the alliance to proc with just two mages, if twincast procs, but it works real well with 3 mages in a group. Each time the spell procs, you get an extra 2 million points of damage. (fun to watch on an EOK trash mob. The mob's health goes down by about 40 - 50% and other group members typically say what was that.

The following are the triggers

Trigger Name: Firebound Fulmination proc
Search text: Firebound alliance is fulfilled
Basic tab
Audio Settings, Use text to speech checked, text to say: Fulmination

Trigger Name: Firebound Alliance (mine)
Search Text: You begin casting Firebound Alliance
Basic Tab
Audio Settings
Use Text to Speech checked, text to say: Alliance
Timer Tab
Timer Type: Timer(count down)
Timer Name: Firebound Alliance (mine)
Timer Duration: 18s

Trigger Name:Firebound Alliance (others)
Search Text: {s} beings to cast a spell. <Firebound Alliance
Basic Tab
Audio Settings
Use Text to Speech checked, Text to say: {s} cast Alliance
Timer Tab
Timer Type: Timer (count down)
Timer Name: Firebound Alliance land({s})
Timer Duration: 18s

In GINA, you could also have text displayed, but I find with all the battle GINA spam, I don't need it, the timer bar does the job, has the name of who cast it, cueing the next mage that it is their turn next.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Re: Mage alliance spell

Post by Jaytee »

Thanks for the clear inf. Most useful, I have made it work with two mages but I have to have up all the fast cast nukes and it totally isn't productive in grouping situations. Was fun to try though. For raids I don't have much experience lately. I join a once a week open raid and there is only one other mage.
Candaan

Re: Mage alliance spell

Post by Candaan »

On raids, we typically have at least 5 mages. The alliance procs about every 10 seconds. That's a lot of extra DPS.

Depending on the target, we typically have mages making the parse, and not unusual to have mages at the top of the parse.

There was a while when you would get a huge agro hit on the spell procing. Typically the first mage to cast alliance would die as soon as it proc'd unless he waiting a bit for the tank to get a good agro lock. They've improved the agro hit, but still get some agro when it procs. Just need to be careful.