Raid Burns

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Candaan

Raid Burns

Post by Candaan »

What and when in the raid fight do you use the various AAs to burn the boss and why?

Didn't see any recent post on this topic.

Thanks
Sancus
Conjurer

Re: Raid Burns

Post by Sancus »

You're probably going to need to be more specific with your question. In general you want to burn early and often, but event duration (which is specific to your guild) and event mechanics make the exact answer different for many raids, especially if there are specific phases of raids that your guild struggles with.

If you list some raids I can give examples of when I burn, though I don't know how much that would actually help given our strats/fight times/times between events aren't necessarily comparable.
Candaan

Post by Candaan »

I realize use will be scenario dependent, I'm just asking in generalities, like for a straight burn the boss down.

Which AAs do you pop early, which do you pop later for the best DPS. What do you have on your pocket pet, and do you typically swap out the pet during the fight?

What is your typical sequence of popping AAs and when.

Thanks
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

I would start with this link and then ask if you have any questions.

In terms of rotating discs past the intial burn, you likely want to wait for Auspice to be down before popping First Spire. Use Elemental Union when Heart of Flames wears off, and cycle pet discs pretty much as they repop (after the initial ones wear off). They won't make a huge difference, but if you want to cycle burnout-esque clicks, use Xirisst's Growl and then Thaumaturgist's Infusion after your second FBO wears off.

I usually have a pocketed/buffed pet that I unsuspend at the start of the fight, I don't find it's worth swapping pets mid fight but YMMV.