Pet now gets smoked on Gribble HAs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Enkel
Elementalist

Re: Pet now gets smoked on Gribble HAs

Post by Enkel »

Tweelis wrote:Fortify went out at 1:23, pet dies soon after and I click my relocation device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Cu_eeTFm8
I'm not suggesting hitting burn on a 3 pull, in Gribbles if you don't have too (I save that for 4 or 5+), but you might want to focus 1 mob while having RS solely off tank the other. What is your AA count? Do you own TBM? The dps seems relatively low, which means that your pet gets beat on by 2 or 3 mobs much longer. You're probably not going all out on dps fearing getting aggro.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I was max AA at the end of CotF and am now working on TDS aa's. Last night was 14k AA's, all pet and offensive AA's done. It'll be a few weeks before I can get TBM, maybe I can upgrade to EM18 then.

Up until last night I was using rain, rain, bolt, garg. Near the end of that mission linked above I switched to:
101 bolt rank 2.
105 garg rank 2
105 spear rank 1
100 spear rank 2.

And you're right about not going all out due to agro. It seems that if I use silent casting agro isn't an issue but if it's down I either hold back on burning hard or wait until it pops.

Not sure if it was evident in the video but when I had three mobs I kept having my pet bounce agro between two mobs while my garg kept one busy. My concern/gripe is why can't my pet survive two dark blue con's. It had a full set of Glorious Autoactuated gear plus ring of the next era, otherworld earring and forgotten relic necklace. http://oi61.tinypic.com/24vtahk.jpg . Granted it didn't have a full set of lobby buffs but do those make that much of a difference?

Next up I'm going to give my pet agro swords and burn harder. Right now I'm just spitballing things which is why I'm here asking for suggestions. :)
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Hey, I really want to help you more. Currently I have 12.5 hour work days, so my ability to parse things and relay data is limited. Are you using dicho, CB, etc...? My pet, I believe (will watch your video again when I get off in a few hours) has more buffs, self buffed, than yours.

I really need to do more testing on em16-23. My pet naked tanks much better than yours with gear, and that's without doing any fancy pet tricks. I'd have to play with you and see what you're casting, and when, to see what's going on. But there shouldn't, outside a lack of knowledge and difference in skill, be a reason your pet, with a merc, dies to three (especially while only tanking 2), and I can kill 3-8 without a merc (5+ does take pet tricks, though).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Here's the full list of what I cast my last DH run. I use to use chaotic bene but parsing about a year or so ago showed it had a really low proc rate and proc priority.....something like 5-6 times per hour and even then it only healed my pet for about 3%-4% each proc. For the most part I save the things like mend, companions blessing and the like for when I get more than one mob.

Combined: A vegerog on 4/7/2016

Tweelis - 646
--- Bolt of Molten Shieldstone Rk. II - 187
--- Bountiful Summoning II - 1
--- Companion Relocation - 12
--- Coronal Rain Rk. II - 58
--- Dark Symbiosis - 1
--- Drape of Shadows XXI - 1
--- Elemental Docility VI - 2
--- Elemental Union XII - 1
--- Fickle Conflagration Rk. II - 49
--- First Spire of Elements III - 2
--- Focus of Arcanum V - 2
--- Force of Elements XV - 14
--- Fortify Companion XII - 2
--- Frenzied Burnout IX - 7
--- Gather Magnitude Rk. II - 5
--- Host in the Shell III - 1
--- Host of the Elements XVIII - 1
--- Improved Twincast IV - 2
--- Large Modulating Shard - 2
--- Malosinete V - 8
--- Mend Companion XXII - 1
--- Rain of Cutlasses Rk. II - 51
--- Remorseless Servant - 103
--- Seawater Blast - 2
--- Servant of Ro XVIII - 1
--- Silent Casting VI - 2
--- Spear of Blistersteel Rk. II - 39
--- Spear of Molten Shieldstone - 64
--- Summon Minion - 1
--- Summon Servant II - 1
--- Surge of Shadow - 1
--- Suspended Minion II - 1
--- Thaumatize Pet Rk. II - 9
--- Thaumaturgist's Infusion - 7
--- Vie faded - 1
--- Virulent Talon III - 2
--- Wand of Dark Modulation Rk. II - 2

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.7

Also I'm not above admitting my playstyle could use some help. While I've been playing Tweelis since late 2000 I know others are better skilled. I'll take all the advice I can get. Heck, just watching Cicely and Danielle back when we were in RoV together taught me a few things.

As far as getting back to me, the help is really appreciated regardless of the timeframe. Even if it takes weeks to get back it's all good. I don't look gift horses in the mouth but rather enjoy the gifts when they come along.
Gandaalf
Trial Member

Post by Gandaalf »

Going back to original crew of

Mage
Wiz
Chanter

Will mix in 2nder healer when/if named pops

It was mentioned that Wiz mercs aren't that great? I thought they were pretty good when paired with a chanter?

I want to venture into TBM soon and just hope this crew will hold up. Currently in mostly T2 CoTF armor/non-visibles
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Gandaalf wrote:Going back to original crew of

Mage
Wiz
Chanter

Will mix in 2nder healer when/if named pops

It was mentioned that Wiz mercs aren't that great? I thought they were pretty good when paired with a chanter?

I want to venture into TBM soon and just hope this crew will hold up. Currently in mostly T2 CoTF armor/non-visibles
David? Also, if you're in CoTF t2 raid, you should easily be fine. If not, it doesn't take too long to gear up in TBM zones; you can buy the currency on the bazaar. Should be fine with a Cotf Mage pet tanking, especially with multiple healing mercs, but TBM mobs do hit much harder than Cotf.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

I did my first ever Gribble HA "Into the Hills" yesterday. I used the 101 air pet because I'm, well, 101 :D . Also was boxing a 100 shammy. Didn't have any trouble completing the mission, and I got several 2 pulls and a couple of 3 pulls. Named didn't spawn. Was using wizzy and healer merc.

I plan to do all three Gribble HAs later today.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Had more trouble the second time around. Three pulls were a problem. Still managed to get the first and second HAs done.