Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Danille

Re: Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Post by Danille »

Baramos wrote:Danille -

I hope you and your friend can run more tests on this incarnation of the changes. I also believe it is crucial to show what happens against 2 mobs, as well as 1 mob.

Fighting 2 mobs I was getting enough DI variance that my pet was getting chewed up against two blue con spiders at the entrance of Argin Hiz. (Against one of these same spiders the pet tanked admirably.)

Your data is very valuable. The posturing has begun already, so I would let it simmer awhile before I post so soon it gets drowned in the noise.

Thanks for your fantastic work . (Doesn't surprise me...)

Bara
Thanks and that that's what we are doing. Pulling the exact same mobs even from the exact same spawn points. :mrgreen: Brutial and I are parsing now!
Danille

Post by Danille »

Ok so Brutial and I ran some more parses tonite. The first set of parses are as follows.

EM 20 earth pet vs TWO yellow cons in AH right at 11 min 688seconds:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warrior vs two yellow cons in AH right at 11 min 678 seconds

Now on both parses above (pet and the warrior) had two healer mercs. (one on reactive and the other on balanced).
In order to keep the pet alive, with both mercs healing, I had to constantly chain both my aa aegis and spell rune, and
my mage pet heal every chance I could, as well as my pet aa heal, replenish companion when it was up.

Additionally, I was using all my active pet defensive tank Archtype AA's including Fortify Companion, Companion's Blessing, and
Host in a Shell discs when they were up.

I would have used my Divine Companion Aura active pet defensive tank Archtype AA but that was nerfed in 2012. If you change that nerf
into a weaponshield type aa, it would not be
overpowering like the old DI was and perhaps a healthy change.

Please keep in mind that I also have every pet passive defensive tank Archtype AA's maxed like Companion's Durabity, etc.

I was at zero mana at the end of the 11 minutes, having not casted a single dps, just doing everything I could to survive with
pet heals, and pet aegis runes. At EM20 raid pet focus and all pet AA's maxed as a raiding mage there was absolutely zero possibility
I could have moloed (with just one merc) those two yellow con mobs.

Now if you take a look at Brutial's parse with the same two mobs, it looks exactly like it did when he was just fighting one mob.

So here we have the problem. If a raiding mage, is intended to have a chance to survive two yellow on mobs (if they threw
the entire defensive tank Archtype AA's
aa' disc and abilities) kitchen sink at it, additional pet nerf roll backs should be made. If a group mage, it intended to survive, far more
roll backs still need to be made.

Brutial will be posting the single yellow con mobs tomorrow, RL called tonite and he had to log!
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... st-3113120

Post by Newbie »

I really appreciate all that you are doing for the mage comunity with your guild friend helping out too.

But I thought this might be interesting to know as I also have a login to the shadowknight forums and have seen that Deagun has been recruiting their help in on this topic too. and that Deagun was banned for a short time on the EQ forums. The other bad news is he is wanting to change his name to Bedavir on the EQ forums.
I just copied and pasted his comments.

"Does this mean I win?

I wonder how long the pet community will stay displeased with me ...

I wish I could change my User Handle on SoE live from Daegun to Bedavir :("

"Please be so kind as to inform the community at SoE live that I will be happy to continue posting the pet parse data relevant to the changes on Test server as soon as my forum ban is lifted on 6 August, 2014.

I can only guess that my posts were nit-picked reported a couple of hundred-dozen times by members of the pet community who are livid with me.

This happened several months ago as well for the same threads and discussions that ultimately resulted in this change.

God bless the moderation on SoE live.

smurf it ... I'm logging back into project 1999 EMU servers

Everquest doesn't suck there."

I really hope that the mage pet predicament gets sorted out and is near back in line to make play fun again.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

fyi

I've had two mains for nearly a decade.....the first was Tweelis who came into being around Sept 2000 and the other a sk who showed up a couple years later. Bedavir for a long time was soo hated on the sk boards that some posters made their signature something along the lines of "DIATF Bedavir" or "we need this ****** to quit EQ".

I could take a guess why he likes to stir up smurf but it'd all be hearsay. All I can figure is Bedavir simply is looking for something in game that he's lacking out of game. *shrug*
Parlos
Trial Member

Post by Parlos »

Tweelis wrote:fyi

I've had two mains for nearly a decade.....the first was Tweelis who came into being around Sept 2000 and the other a sk who showed up a couple years later. Bedavir for a long time was soo hated on the sk boards that some posters made their signature something along the lines of "DIATF Bedavir" or "we need this ****** to quit EQ".

I could take a guess why he likes to stir up smurf but it'd all be hearsay. All I can figure is Bedavir simply is looking for something in game that he's lacking out of game. *shrug*
He goes by "msm00b" most places outside of EQ and is a little bundle of rage pretty much everywhere. He used to be a regular on the bodybuilding.com forums but that stopped a little bit before his parsefest.

I'm just glad that some of the changes to pets are getting backed off, I logged into Test and fluffy is still too smurf brittle against two blue-con SolB mobs, much less three, but I understand it was a lot worse a few days ago.
Danille

Post by Danille »

New post from SOE Boards:

Ok. Burtial logged in tonight and we got on test and ran a new parses just before the 8/11/14 patch.

Parse #1:EM 20 pet tank 1 yellow con and 1 even con in AH

This was my solo of two mobs with one cleric merc healing. (56 merc aa's) a keeper of the flame (yellow con) and a soldier (white con).
My defensive discs running were of Hosts in the Shell, Companion's Blessing and Fortify Companion.
The pet had Iceflame, Burnout XI, Aegis, Arcane Distillect and Velocity.
We are going to go back to the NWsection and to to solo two yellow con keepers when the servers come back up.

Next we wanted to see the difference in tanking an even con mob and a yellow con:
Parse #2:EM 20 pet tanking Single Yellow con in AH

Parse #3 EM 20 pet tanking Single Even con in AH

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... 75/page-12
Danille

Post by Danille »

Also posted this:

Ok so here is the RS pet. Just a speedbump to a yellow con keeper of the flame.

This pet needs some serious tuning as it provides almost no defense to the mage now, was dead in like 8 seconds.
This was after the the test server came back up on 8/11.
Danille

Post by Danille »

and this:

qsnoopyjr said: ↑
“Danille,

Could you discuss your test experience in words. Not much for graphs.

Thanks”
Ok so raiding mages with all T2 CoTF gear and EM20 pet focus (as if this last update) can easily solo/molo (one healer merc with 56 aa's) a yellow con keeper. No hassle at all.

But if we get an add (one yellow con keeper and one white con soldier) it makes a huge difference in soloing and we really need to toss out alot of discs and tricks.

We can no longer count on our RS (gargoyle) pets to hold off the 2nd mob as they just burn through our RS pets in 8 seconds. Those RS pets need a boost in survivability please
Danille

Post by Danille »

Pets just got a nice boost! We have a new thread to post new parses! Please post and post often constructive threads and parses!

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... -4.212879/
Aristo......First of all, I apologize for the timing. Ordinarily this would have happened tomorrow morning, but SOE Live means we need to get this online tonight.

Here's a brief summary of the pet changes that are in this update:

All pets received at least a small AC boost. Necromancer pets got a bigger one, and the big three swarm pets got a much bigger AC boost.
Mage earth pets should have a bit more noticeable AC advantage over air pets.
Necro warrior pets should be close to Mage air pets in terms of AC now.
Necro rogue pets should be close to Mage water pets in terms of AC.
Swarm pets now have AC just below Necro rogue pets.
Increased the HP of Shadowknight, Shaman, and Enchanter pets.
Figured out a kludgy way to have the big 3 swarm pets (Skeleton Swarm, RS, Feralgia) set themselves to full HP just after they spawn. Hopefully this will not melt any servers and cause me to have to talk to the IT ninjas. They're... grouchy today.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Both data-wise and anecdotally it seems Earth pets decreased rather than increasing. So either Aristo messed up the patch notes or the AC values (or maybe avoidance changed?).

As far as RS pets go, they're closer to where they need to be, but I think they need just a bit more to get to where they should be.

Also hoping Prism Skin will become a defensive proc (meaning it would keep up with additional mobs).