Anyone know about the pet heal upgrades?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
cicely
Magician

Anyone know about the pet heal upgrades?

Post by cicely »

Or more specifically... are we going to have to fundamentally change how we play our class in a solo/molo capacity?

The rumor on the street is because of these pet heal increases (which I have no idea BTW how much of an increase it is) that pets can only be healed by their owners now- not mercs, not other players. To be honest I have zero clue how coding would allow that. But I also do not put anything past EQ developers for finding a way...

My thoughts are that pet mitigation is going to be reduced due to that thread. Which means it is going to need more heals than before. So in order to keep up with our pets staying alive, we need to patch heal the pets in order to keep it alive. Hence a necessity for larger heals to cover potential spikes.
Aanelar
Trial Member

Re: Anyone know about the pet heal upgrades?

Post by Aanelar »

If anyone has real info on upcoming changes to the mage class that would be nice to know, given that I have a group built around mages. I hope we don't see any fundamental changes. I've lived through pet canni nerfs, green pet pulling nerfs and countless others but at least none of those fundamentally changed the magician class. I'm hoping the rumors are just that.
dreneth

Post by dreneth »

Just tested - I was able to heal a water pet with both merc and player cleric on beta.

EQResource has the beta spdat parsed (Rorce indicated he'd be doing this daily)

http://spells.eqresource.com/spellsearch.php

(from link) Renewal of Hererra Rk. II
1: Increase Current Hit Points by 18127

(Live) Renewal of Hererra Rk. II
1: Increase Hitpoints by 10697
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

I can confirm that nerfs ARE coming, i asked a dev about it briefly the other day and it's at this point just a matter of time. As of 72 hours ago weren't specifically sure HOW they were going to implement the nerf or WHEN it would be implemented but a nerf is coming for sure.

These heals are most likely a larger indication of what direction they plan to take pet users, I strongly doubt that they will make it so mercs do not heal pets (i flatout will quit no questions asked if that happens) I suspect that they are increasing heals and reducing pet hp and mitigation drastically while boosting heals in the process to force us to supplement merc heals with our own heals at the expense of personal DPS.

Personally though the whole thing is a joke because even though they were making minor adjustments here and there and had some minor adjustments planned, a few extremely active threads on the forums encouraged them to make some even more aggressive adjustments from what I gather.

it's really unfortunate that a few people looked at the little picture and not the big picture and also lied their asses off after posting a series of charts on pet mitigation BUT supplemented facts with outrageous claims like "sk pets and fire pets out tank raid geared warriors" It really was rather insane and it seems the devs beleived it.

By the time these nerfs hit expect our earth pets to tank roughly on par with group geared rangers.

We're not the only class getting hit with mega nerfs though. Rest in Peace Everquest.
plopp
Trial Member

Post by plopp »

Well maybe they change their minds, but probably not. The death of the casual eq players begins, sucks for everyone who doesn't play in a raid guild or cannot put a normal group together. Obviously no one knows exactly what they will do, but chances are it will be overkill.

Everyone clap for daegun/bedavir who plays a warrior as his main for personally bringing about nerfs for other classes, it is really appreciated.
Baron
Trial Member

Post by Baron »

Renewal of Hererra:
- Mana Cost changed from '1199' to '1973'
- Slot 1 changed from 'Increase Current Hit Points by 10188' to 'Increase Current Hit Points by 17264'
- Description changed from 'Restores health to your elemental pet, healing between 10188 and 10188 damage, and curing their diseases, poisons, curses and corruption.' to 'Restores health to your elemental pet, healing between 17264 and 17264 damage, and curing their diseases, poisons, curses and corruption.'

Renewal of Hererra Rk. II:
- Mana Cost changed from '1247' to '2052'
- Slot 1 changed from 'Increase Current Hit Points by 10697' to 'Increase Current Hit Points by 18127'
- Description changed from 'Restores health to your elemental pet, healing between 10697 and 10697 damage, and curing their diseases, poisons, curses and corruption.' to 'Restores health to your elemental pet, healing between 18127 and 18127 damage, and curing their diseases, poisons, curses and corruption.'

Renewal of Hererra Rk. III:
- Mana Cost changed from '1297' to '2134'
- Slot 1 changed from 'Increase Current Hit Points by 11232' to 'Increase Current Hit Points by 19033'
- Description changed from 'Restores health to your elemental pet, healing between 11232 and 11232 damage, and curing their diseases, poisons, curses and corruption.' to 'Restores health to your elemental pet, healing between 19033 and 19033 damage, and curing their diseases, poisons, curses and corruption.'
cicely
Magician

Post by cicely »

Here is the thing, at least for myself. I know I probably will be in the minority, but I digress...

I know our pets are pretty powerful. I actually do not have that big of an issue with some small weaknesses placed on us... (here is the key) provided I can still do the same exact things then that I can do now. Period.

Magicians are a solo class. Which means we need to be able to have a pet capable of allowing us to solo. Period. If my raid focused, full max AA earth pet will tank "like a group geared ranger" then I am going to have some issues. Because I do not believe a group geared ranger can do some of the things I (14 year veteran of the magician class) can do.

If I have to throw in a heal once or twice to help out, cool. I can live with that. Heck maybe the EQ devs can revisit Chaotic Benevolence and improve that to help with the healing. But I fear that my pet will be nerfed to the point where I can no longer do what I can do now. And I can no longer solo. And if so, I would imagine quite a few subscriptions will end as a result.

I wonder if Belvadir, Dre, Daegun and others feel that fewer players is in the best interest of current EQ...
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

The nerfs are coming. We *might* be able to mitigate it, though. You all write well, so PM Elidroth and Aristo.

Remember, though. BBG.

Be Brief. Be Brilliant. Be Gone.

They don't have the time to wade through paragraphs.

PMs do work. I have seen it happen.
dreneth

Post by dreneth »

cicely wrote:I wonder if Belvadir, Dre, Daegun and others feel that fewer players is in the best interest of current EQ...
Two of those are the same person. 8-)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Spell data sometimes makes it to people who should not see it. A change to spell data always draws out crazy speculation on a very high level. I remember a scenario on these boards when someone told a person about beta pets. The pets only had templates created and someone from beta told a non-beta person that's how the new pets were going to be. Those pets happened to be copies of a low template so they were worse than the current live pets. That started a whole thread on how they were nerfing our class and blah blah blah. Turns out, those pets later got tuned and set us on a path that led to the recent spate of pet nerf threads; essentially, it was the start of better pets.

The point is, we had an increase to pet heals and that means nothing. For years we have asked for stronger heals and I have petitioned the devs for such (since the community was behind it). It could just be that they finally listened. It still could be part of an upcoming change but I wanted to be clear that it may not be anything nefarious or related to any future changes. We got a huge bump in pet heals in RoF, iirc (could have been VoA) that mimiced the huge change we see now. That change from back then was not part of some nerf. :D