Well now, I've got a lot to catch up on.

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Tulisin_Dragonflame

Well now, I've got a lot to catch up on.

Post by Tulisin_Dragonflame »

After almost a year of greatly reduced play time, I've finally got time to catch up on EverQuest. I'm glad to see the magician community has stayed together and it looks like there's a lot of new things to learn. I'm looking forward to getting back up to speed with the state of the game/class.

I've spent the interim mostly in training for the army, but I never let my account lapse, even if I didn't have much time for EQ. If anyone on Erollisi Marr needs a duo partner I'd greatly appreciate someone with current experience to fill me in on what has changed in the last year.

For anyone that doesn't know me, I' am a long term resident of the mage tower, magician CRT, and until recently a very active player. In the short time I've been back it has been very interesting being the newbie again, but I hope at some point I'll be answering other's questions again.
Last edited by Tulisin_Dragonflame on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Danille

Re: Well now, I've got a lot to catch up on.

Post by Danille »

Nice to see you back Tulisin. Thanks so much that you have done as CRT. I've always been a fan.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

So, who has cooler toys, the army or a lvl 100 magician?
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Tulisin_Dragonflame

Post by Tulisin_Dragonflame »

sharrien wrote:So, who has cooler toys, the army or a lvl 100 magician?

That is a toughie. A freshly leveled 100 mage and an average soldier are just going to have the basic kit either way. However, a 100 mage with all kinds of clickies and AAs would be more comparable to someone in the special forces :P .

EQ has always been excellent at providing little incentives and rewards on the side that make every character unique at max level. It is one of the legs up this game has on more modern MMOs with extremely linear single-branch progression paths.