old schoolers still playin?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
xantin

old schoolers still playin?

Post by xantin »

Just curious of anyone is still at it?
Eaedyilye

Re: old schoolers still playin?

Post by Eaedyilye »

I started playing in 2002. So I guess I'm pretty old school. Transferred to FV. Where I still play to this day.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Yes.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Nope!
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

Hey mages of the world,

I started spring 2000 (Bertox and then AB), stopped in HoT era, came back in 2015 when they opened Lockjaw (although I moved to Ragefire on Velious launch and joined Darkwind there ); and, as Danille, finally stopped a few months ago. Don't think I'll come back, the game isdying and german friends pressing me to join them on ESO.

Anyhow, EQ had an impact on my life. And I will have the pet thing in my DNA till the end of times :-)

Thanks for all these years...

/wave

Adon/Olivier
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

I actually started playing again a couple of days ago. It had been four or five years since I last played. First started in 2001, so I guess that makes me "old school", lol.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Adonhiram wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:31 am Don't think I'll come back, the game is dying and german friends pressing me to join them on ESO.
It's actually doing pretty well, believe it or not. Daybreak was recently acquired by a Swedish company (I forget the name), and they released the stats on all the DB games. EQ1 actually has around 66k paid subscriptions, which, if you do the math at $15 a month (I know some people buy longer subs to save money), that should generate close to a million dollars a month in revenue, and that isn't counting the money they make in marketplace sales. Not bad. I also remember reading on the official forums that the number of EQ1 subscriptions has been on the increase since 2015.
nasbus
Trial Member

Post by nasbus »

still playing, live TLPs and emu servers. magician such a fun class. havent found a class in any other game ive enjoyed as much.
ryoga
Trial Member

Post by ryoga »

I still play, only on Agnarr live. Yep Mage is definitely my most favorite class. I don't have any interest in other TLPs right now, nor Live.

I started playing at release in 1999 and stopped at OoW. After that it was way to crazy for me and the changes were too much for me to handle. :lol:

PoP is my most favorite (with LDoN) release. Hope you all are enjoying!

Ryoga
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I logged in just now. Started at the beginning and stopped when my daughter was born 7 years ago. I have replaced my hard drive, so nothing is the way it looks when I left, so I am more than lost at this point. Going to look for some ways to remap all the stuff I had prior to hanging it up.

But, hello everyone.