Basic Guide to Raiding

Anything about anything goes here.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Basic Guide to Raiding

Post by Tweelis »

The shadowknights have a pretty good thread going on their boardsabout basic rules to follow when raiding. Who wants to help out putting our own list together?

1. If you play a class that can't use mana sticks feel free to tell us to single shot everybody in the raid because you don't know how to block getting them.

2. There really isn't a reason we say "Send tells for mana sticks", we just like to be douche's and make you send a tell.

3. Pet classes secretly don't like pets; we just use them so we can get blamed for wipes. It's an attention thing and we love all forms of attention.

4. Mages will happily deck your pet out right when a major encounter begins.

5. Be sure to tell us you need our biggest damage shield on you at all times; there really isn't a big recast delay on torrid skin we just like to tell you there is one.
Remodius
Grand Summoner

Re: Basic Guide to Raiding

Post by Remodius »

6. Sure, we'll COTH you, even though you aren't in our group and even though the only reason you fell behind and died was because you were multitasking and went AFK for some retarded reason. Surely it wouldn't be a problem to shuffle around all the groups and members just to call your butt back. And those zones where we can't use COTH? Probably just a figment of our imagination, we're just being lazy or are too busy single shotting mana sticks.
I had this really smurf awesome quote by RFK, but because we are only allowed 255 characters, I can't put it up here, so I am writing this in protest of a stupid smurf limitation.
Igniz Facere

Post by Igniz Facere »

Remodius wrote:6. Sure, we'll COTH you, even though you aren't in our group and even though the only reason you fell behind and died was because you were multitasking and went AFK for some retarded reason. Surely it wouldn't be a problem to shuffle around all the groups and members just to call your butt back. And those zones where we can't use COTH? Probably just a figment of our imagination, we're just being lazy or are too busy single shotting mana sticks.
Aye, and don't forget: CotH is an instant, non-recast-delay spell that works in EVERY zone, in EVERY possible manner. Don't let yourself be told otherwhise!

7) Mages have their pets to tank, so once they get aggro, don't bother taunting the mob off.

8) Your favorite mage has got all runes, so his mana stick should be RK3 (at least RK2, you gave him the spell, aye?) so don't let yourself be fed with RK1 sticks (Rod of ethereal Transvergence without any suffixes) [This REALLY happened!!!]

9) Pets create massive trouble while attacking a mob. And it IS possible for pets to hold aggro over players, fluffy is constantly overaggroing the tank! STOP THAT, stupid mage!

10) Mages are for summoning stuff. Don't bother bringing arrows or throwing daggers, invis or levi-clickies, bread and water, for yourself. A mage has all kinds of summonings memmed at all times.

10.5) Any mage will be willing to refill your stock in mid-fight, so save your inventory space and order just half of the stuff you need.

10.9) DI-clickies, DA-clickies, Instant-kill-baubles, CotH-stones and other stuff like this are part of a mages standard repertoire. You name it - they summon it. Don't let yourself be fed with a "I can't do that". They can! They don't want to. Same goes for Clarity. Mages actually CAN buff it. All silkies can!

The allmighty hammer of artillery, beneath which all things are rendered equal
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

11 - When we say we're about to cast mass rod and please destroy any old ones with less than 3 charges, we're just kidding. Casting rod on someone automatically refills the one you currently have.

12 - Can you please turn the raid mob so it's facing away from our water pet? Companion's Relocation is just a "for fun" AA that no one ever buys.

13 - Yes, I will absolutely give your pet two wavethrashers after this last wipe. Just give me an hour and that lucky rabbit's foot you have there.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

14 - Don’t ever take any excuses from a mage as to why they didn’t own that parse on the fire resistant named. After all, they have magic, ice, poison, disease, corruption, prismatic, chromatic, atomic and nuclear based nukes that are even better than fire. Don’t let them fool you.

15 - Deguild that mage that took the random 100K unresistable DT from that mob and died. He/she should have instant reflected that crap back on the mob for ubah dps.

16 - Yes, my fire pet standing beside me is pushing that mob up the wall with its massive stun/push ability. Absolutely kill all pets.

17 - Yes, absolutely I will summon you a gate necklace, even though mass teleport to bind was casted 5 secs ago. Those reagents are handed out for free in PoK and I have nothing better to do.

18. Sure it's perfectly fine to send me a tell for rods when burn is called. I mean seriously, it's been all of 3 mins since the fight started. You have surely used up both sets I casted prior to the fight beginning.